abandoned bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abandoned bikes

whats the go if you have a bike that's been abandoned? got the Café Racer at my place for almost a year now, and I have been texting the owner for months with no reply. I don't know his full name or address etc. although I know he's a lawyer. the bikes unregistered etc but I was hoping the cops could track him down via frame number etc....

Rather than texting have you tried phoning him? he may have his name on the voicemail. If he won't respond to voicemail messages or texts, I would suggest leaving messages saying he has 28 days to collect the bike or you will sell it to cover storage costs.
    Adventure before Dementia

Comment

At the least, you will need to chat with the cops, document everything that you have done to try to find the owner and after a year has passed, if the cops agree, advertise that you will sell it if it is not claimed within ? perhaps a month.
      Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

I seem to remember an old boss at a panel shop telling me if it was there for 12 months and you can prove you made reasonable effort to contact the owner then the property became yours to sell to recover costs.
        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

i volunteer myself to remove said bike for you!

Comment

Me too, I'll even give you a receipt.

Comment

Is that the bronzey coloured on you created a thread on back in April?
              Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Dibs
                Originally posted by Desmo
                Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Or then again... Hi, I am the lawyer that left a bike at your place.
                  Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

yeah its the gold café racer tnt, I'm reassembly some engine bits then moving it to a cnr of the shed until its collected, it not I'll give it 3-6 months before I look to either claim it or something, its getting in the way

Comment

Working...
                    X