Ladies of PSB...Height and bike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies of PSB...Height and bike...

So we are forever getting the "My girlfriend wants a bike but can't touch the ground" threads...

Now I know a lot of you ladies are shorter of stature and yet still ride bikes, even unlowered big bikes...

So what I want to do is show these people that shortness isn't an issue...

So post up your height, bikes you have or have had, and how you dealt with the issue, lowering bike, thicker soles, cutting seat, or an tricks and tips...

Thanks...

*Short arse blokes can also apply*

Height: 5'7.5" (cos every half inch counts, right) but I have a long torso and short legs
    My bike: CBR250R
    Issues: Nil.

Other bikes ridden: Hypermotard
    Issues: Not really an issue but the height difference did feel strange and a little uncomfortable.

Bike learnt on: CB125E
    Issues: Nil. Shorter than my own bike.

Can I just say though, that balance comes into it, as well as centre of gravity. I have extremely poor balance and so despite the minute height difference between the Hypermotard and the CBR, I really felt the change and I didn't feel nearly as balanced as I do on the CBR. I suspect someone with shorter legs than me but much better balance would almost face less of an issue on a bike that was greater in height than their leg length. Just my 2c.

Can't add much more as those are the only 3 bikes I've ridden!
    AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

Ms boeman - 5'4"
      Yamaha R15 she can put the front ball of her foot down, stock standard, and hold her balance.

Comment

5'4" average leg to torso ratio.
        Bikes I've ridden:
        Kwaka ZZR250
        Honda cb600 hornet
        Aprillia Tuono 2012
        KTM EXC450

None of these have been lowered as they are share with my 6'something other half. No height altering boots either. Generally on the balls of my feet or toes if I want both feet down. Except the KTM, that's a one foot wonder job.

Paging [MENTION=26669]courtz[/MENTION]
        Originally posted by Lefty
        Leave the OP alone, he's worried about all those extra CCs getting caught up in his fucking dress.

Comment

Ladies of PSB...Height and bike...

Me: 5'6"
          Bike: GSXR750
          Issues: Can touch the ground JUST when not wearing shoes. But I have to wear my Oliver work boots with a slightly thicker sole so that I feel comfortable. Tried it in my riding boots and they just slipped away from me. I can't push the bike backwards while on it, so I jump off and move her.
          Other bikes: have ridden a 1998 900 blade - had to shift sideways in the seat to touch the ground. Also ridden a speed triple - can ride it ok, but I have trouble getting the stand to kick under without setting off a cramp-like feeling in my hip.
          I did jump on a mates Daytona and had to get straight off again as the seat set off the cramp in my hip.
          There is something almost hypnotic about boobs..... Even girls like boobs

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie09 View Post
            5'4" average leg to torso ratio.
            Bikes I've ridden:
            Kwaka ZZR250
            Honda cb600 hornet
            Aprillia Tuono 2012
            KTM EXC450

None of these have been lowered as they are share with my 6'something other half. No height altering boots either. Generally on the balls of my feet or toes if I want both feet down. Except the KTM, that's a one foot wonder job.

Paging [MENTION=26669]courtz[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=27626]lucky davo[/MENTION] just pointed me in this thread's direction too

158cm 'tall', with disproportionately short legs to match.

Ride a ZX6R (unlowered) as well as Dave's 2010 fireblade (unlowered).

Just about any bike can be ridden without lowering it so long as you have the confidence to slide off the seat to get a foot down. I can only tippy toe on one foot. To move the bike (when parking etc) I just get off and walk it. Simples!
            I came here to drink milk and kick arse... And I'm all out of milk

Comment

Clever disguise to poach the ladies out!!

The ms relax:

Height: 5'2
              Bike: 1989 CBR250R (smaller frame)
              Issues: None on this bike. Sat on a hyo, wasn't all that comfortable.

Comment

Busa, 5'11"

Looking at the seat height compared to many, many street bikes it's low. And shortarses who's slung a leg over have pretty much all made two comments:
                1. "SQUEEEEEE, I CAN TOUCH TEH GROUNDS!"
                2. "Wow, it really doesn't feel as big as it looks when you're sitting on it!"
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                  Busa, 5'11"

Looking at the seat height compared to many, many street bikes it's low. And shortarses who's slung a leg over have pretty much all made two comments:
                  I said Ladies, not ladyboys...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                    Busa, 5'11"

This. I can get straight onto the pillion seat on a busa just the same way I would when getting on my CBR, it's a strangely squat bike!
                    AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

As you know I'm not the tallest rider around, Suzuki GSXR is perfect size with no height adjustments & my boyfriend Brute who is somewhat taller than me also has one.
                      I can put the balls of both feet down regardless of sneakers/riding boots
                      Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...

Comment

Height: 5'6
                        Bike: 08 R6 (Been lowed slightly by Marty. Tippy toe when both feet on the ground.)
                        GSXR 750 (Flat foot)
                        Issues: N/A

RR #223 | SM #223
                        Bike: Ninja 300 & Yamaha R6 | Yamaha YZ450F
                        Class: Production & Clubman 600 | Supermoto Open
                        Sponsor: Race Shield Industries

Comment

I'm 5,7.
                          The Ninjacycle is perfect height for me (250)
                          The SV 1000 is good too
                          Can't ride the CBR 600. (Well, I can, I'm just really uncomfortable and don't like having only tippy toes on the ground)

Busa was awesome. Absolutely my fave bike ever but in saying that, it did feel low
                          Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Comment

Mrs Whowalks 5'2 VTR250 with the seat scooped out an inch.
                            Looking at getting a CBR500R but lowered 50mm

As for height issues My wife reckons its not just the height but the weight distribution of the bike.
                            Eg if the bike is too heavy even with 2 feet on the ground she doesn't feel that confident to ride it. Where as most bloke who are vertically challenged would be Ok to cope with the weight.

also looking back on this thread most of the girls arent that short.
                            Im 5'8 and can ride all the bikes Ive tried out.
                            Last edited by whowalks; 19-11-2013, 11:54 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

5'6", no issues except on some supermotards where I was unable to get both tippy toes down at the same time but given they're so light, shifting off to one side to get a foot down wasn't an issue. Admittedly I did elect to get one that was a bit lower than the others (after I made a grave mistake and bought a Hyperspewtard).

The only issue is that the wimminz (generally speaking) don't have as much strength as males so if the bike does start having a lie down (for whatever reason) and you have a male and female of the same height, the point of no return is reached earlier for the female than for the male. But this aside, if you can get the ball of one foot down in general riding, you're fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X