Police officer investigated after being filmed swearing at man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police officer investigated after being filmed swearing at man

Radio said that he was stopped for not wearing a helmet so Im assuming he is a rider, motorbike or scooter.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...5OIqRAhNVye28v

Or pushie.. seeing as he's on the footpath.

Also the "Just like last time" from the cop.. probably some toothless idiot who had it coming anyway.

Comment

I'm guessing pushbike.

Will be interested to see what happens with this.

Comment

I kind of sympathise with the cop, the guy was obviously a douchebag, but you really, really can't get away with that sort of shit as a cop.
        Adventure before Dementia

Comment

I'd rather be sworn at and warned off than fucked over with yellow stickers, shonky reckless charge or whatever other crap they could try and stick me with to ruin my day.

Being sworn at by a 6'4" copper, hard as a board, fit and obviously someone who looks after himself and his "flock" taught me a shit tonne more about behaving myself than any number of bits of paper and fines ever did.

Kinda miss that kind of policing. Back when, yannow, it was a public service/force rather than trying to be a business.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I'm siding with the cop on this one. Sounds like the guy filming it is already known to police - in particular, this officer by the sound of it - and frankly deserved a tongue thrashing. Go work in retail; if a person starts being a smartarse or starts swearing at you, calling you names etc then you'd be happy to respond in kind. Can count the number of time's it's happened to me on one hand but I was never officially reprimanded for it - why should the cop be in this situation? Besides the fact that the guy filming it didn't even upload the whole video says plain as day that he knows he's been in the wrong the whole time.

TL;DR: +10 points to officer smug, I'm sure the dickhead deserved it. Thanks for the laughs.

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            I'd rather be sworn at and warned off than fucked over with yellow stickers, shonky reckless charge or whatever other crap they could try and stick me with to ruin my day.

Being sworn at by a 6'4" copper, hard as a board, fit and obviously someone who looks after himself and his "flock" taught me a shit tonne more about behaving myself than any number of bits of paper and fines ever did.

Kinda miss that kind of policing. Back when, yannow, it was a public service/force rather than trying to be a business.
            So totally agree with this. Only problem is the world is full of sheltered little pussies that run to the internet and cry when someone actually confronts them for being a fuckwit, whether it's a lawman or a peer. There's also that phenomenon of "immunity by camera" you see so much here and in the US where people think that just because they're filming someone acting aggressive to them means they won't rip seven shades of shit out of them anyway. "You can't swear at me, I'm filming you you'll get in trouble", or "You can't kick my ass for being a total fuckwit, it's against the law and I'm filming you", that shit makes my blood boil.
            Last edited by Archie; 20-11-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one that wants police to behave respectfully? There was no need for that regardless of whether the guy was a c**t or not. Stinks of being a bully in a position of power. I know they get shit all day, and have a hard job, etc but they should be setting an example for the rest of the community and that is not how to do it.

The New York police have "coutesy, professionalism, respect' written on the side of their cars, surely that would be a good thing to have here too?

Comment

to be honest
                found this link on that page more interesting

No Cookies | Perth Now

kim-kardashian-appears-topless-in-kanye-wests-music-video-for-bound-2
                Last edited by somebodyelse; 20-11-2013, 03:05 PM.
                Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Ive heard and had a lot worse from the boys in blue. Literally had a flogging in Alice Spring. They picked me up dusted me off and gave me a boot up the arse and told me to piss off, i gave them the wtf look they told me i already got enough no need to throw me in the lock up.

So what if someone swears at you, some cops are pricks some are good blokes. Respect the uniform and you dont get to much shit from them.
                  A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

only reason he got pissed off in my opinion was he couldn't reply 'yes' to catching actual criminals, other than that harden the fuck up. If you push back against them they will always respond negatively, respect my authoratayyyyy

Comment

Yea, he's trying to be a dickhead to get a video reaction from Mr plod.

Comment

What concerns me is the Public relations officer "Inspector Dominic Wood" is not concerned about the swearing, or threats of arse rape, but only with "The officer wouldn't have known he was being recorded under those circumstances."

Now surely that's a problem? Public space, a Police officer can film a suspect, and quite often do, and vice versa without declaring this. So the Inspector's statement seems to indicate that filming the officer was illegal, or should be frowned upon?

Additionally, the Inspector is further quoted as saying: "Our Members need to be aware that in this modern age of technology their actions and interactions with the public will be filmed, often without their knowledge or permission." And the same can go for the general public being filmed by Police officers.

I don't doubt that the media and facebook have stacked this against the Police here, but these quotes don't sound very positive.

Comment

After posting my comment I watched the vid.

Yeah, telling someone to "stop fucking swearing" is not the kind of policing I was talking about. A clip over the ear for some lippy little shit? Maybe.
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

So what happened before the vid started rolling?
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                              After posting my comment I watched the vid.

Yeah, telling someone to "stop fucking swearing" is not the kind of policing I was talking about. A clip over the ear for some lippy little shit? Maybe.
                              And that is the problem in my view, telling someone that you will arrest them for swearing in public is a little ridiculous when you are swearing in public yourself. It reminds me of a recent incident I witnessed where a guy who was carrying a toddler in his arms got into an argument with someone, and afterwards explained to me that he got upset because "she swore in front of my fucking kid".
                              Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Working...
                              X