Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bmw s1000 convert slip on to full system???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmw s1000 convert slip on to full system???

Hi all,

I have a bmw s1000rr with a Akrapovic slip on. Was wondering is there any place where I can get some Akrapovic headers only to convert to a full system? Also does the bike need a tune after the conversion or is it good to go? Not chasing any extra hp just would like the full system sound. Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!!

Damir

Not sure i've ever seen akrapovic headers sold seperately...

Have you heard the full system to know whether it is worth it?

I suspect you may be able to get a full system imported from the states relatively cheap, and maybe sell the slip on to somebody else to further cheapen the price...
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Hi thro,

Never really considered getting one until about a week ago.....walking down to the local video shop and heard a bike going for it a couple of streets away and it sounded wild!!! Sure enough it ended up coming down the road and as soon as I saw it I knew what I wanted for Christmas just a waste to buy the whole new system but never thought about selling my current slip on option. Thanks for the idea.

Damir

Comment

You'll probably find that the slip-on doesn't fit onto the headers...

Akrapovic custom make their full systems to improve the bike. This generally means that pipe diameters are changed, which means that slip-on cans won't fit a full system headers... Make sure you double check it before buying headers.
        Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally Akrapovic only supplied the long can with the full system.
          You can run the short can with the headers, but will need a different link pipe.
          Personally I think the short can looks better, but the long can setup sounds awesome.
          Long can setup also performs better.

I would have gone the straight through setup, but given I commute on it everyday it's not worth the grief from popo when you get pulled over.
          Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
            You'll probably find that the slip-on doesn't fit onto the headers...

Akrapovic custom make their full systems to improve the bike. This generally means that pipe diameters are changed, which means that slip-on cans won't fit a full system headers... Make sure you double check it before buying headers.
            Can say having two of these bikes with the full race systems that Tim is 100% correct here.

Comment

Originally posted by deano68er View Post
              Can say having two of these bikes with the full race systems that Tim is 100% correct here.
              Great to know otherwise would have been very disappointed with the headers not fitting onto the current slip on. Do they require a tune with the full system or is it all good with no tune?

Comment

Damir check the last page of my thread here: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ml#post2890288 (there is a video embedded too). Seriously - removing the catalytic convertor was the best thing ever. The sound is a lot throatier and stronger than the Akro. No regrets.

Comment

Working...
                X