ZX-14 Ohlins special edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX-14 Ohlins special edition

Just bought me one of these amazing critters, pretty happy about that! Pick her up Saturday week, just waiting for the Akropovik slip ons.

Is that the white one with gold flames?

Comment

Yep, that be the one, looks a bit kitch in the pics, but pretty damn cool in the flesh.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the pics, the people saying they look stupid usually seem to buy Busa's, so it's not like it's people with taste hanging shit on them.

Comment

Originally posted by DIK1100 View Post
          Yep, that be the one, looks a bit kitch in the pics, but pretty damn cool in the flesh.
          Thought that would be the case.
          I almost put my money down after the bike show but wanted to see one in the flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes View Post
            Thought that would be the case.
            I almost put my money down after the bike show but wanted to see one in the flesh.
            No problem dude, I will give you a geeze, but you have gotta be quick I reckon, they are going to go, have to wait a week to see mine though.

Comment

Welcome to the 14 club DIK1100, these monsters are a buzz and just awesome to ride.... Enjoy your time with her my friend. Hopefully a group of 14 riders might be able to hook up one day?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                I wouldn't worry about the pics, the people saying they look stupid usually seem to buy Busa's, so it's not like it's people with taste hanging shit on them.
                Ah, Busa riders, gotta love their insecurity!

Comment

Originally posted by Far Q View Post
                  Welcome to the 14 club DIK1100, these monsters are a buzz and just awesome to ride.... Enjoy your time with her my friend. Hopefully a group of 14 riders might be able to hook up one day?
                  I feel this would be amazing, I need a bit of time though, jumping from a ZZR1100 to one of these beasties is going to take some getting used to. All the modes and such, all I have is fire up and go, I love that also though, the ZZR1100 is definately not for sale! Old school rider slipping toes first into the unknown pool of high powered modern riding, but things change, time to get with the current vibe, only 49, plenty of time!

Comment

Thinking maybe you may be able to give an old bugger a clue or two on the programming side if you don't mind, I am not stupid but not experienced with this kind of thing.

Comment

Ha ha ha, you're a young bugger, young fella, no need to explain programming here just be patient and enjoy finding things out when you pick the big girl up. More fun that way.

Comment

Ha ha ha, you're a young bugger, young fella, no need to explain programming here just be patient and enjoy finding things out when you pick the big girl up. More fun that way.
                        Have a deal of trepidation though, don't get me wrong, absolutely stoked, but computer controlled high speed things that my arse is glued to make me a tad nervous, but we shall see how we evolve!

Comment

Mate computer controlled high speed things are nothing to be nervous about, it's all about how far you are game to twist the throttle. I twist mine to the stop and it's never scarred me, impressed me big time but never scarred me. I just love the torque from idle, I guess you will too. Just take it easy at first and you will find they are big pussy cats until you unleash 200 g'g's... Oh yeah... Man o man....

Comment

Mate computer controlled high speed things are nothing to be nervous about, it's all about how far you are game to twist the throttle. I twist mine to the stop and it's never scarred me, impressed me big time but never scarred me. I just love the torque from idle, I guess you will too. Just take it easy at first and you will find they are big pussy cats until you unleash 200 g'g's... Oh yeah... Man o man....
                            Yep, Far Q, looking foward to that! Steady, steady, then unleash the beast within! Used to have the original GXSR750, when I was a lad, now that was a beasty groundbreaker back then, never felt out of my comfort zone on her, just a tad older now but with a shit load of years of riding behind me, all I had was a tacho, speedo and a view of the sky, alrighty, party time, thanks, man If I can tame her way back then, I am super keen to go and get that feeling back, bring on my new baby!

Comment

Seen one in the flesh today and they look awesome !

If you don't mind how much was it ?
                              2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                              2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                              2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                              2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Working...
                              X