Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good touring roads

hey guys and girls.

I've got a lot of time off over the christmas so I figured it's just in time to get away for a bit, especially as there's no family around. Plan is to jump on the bike and just go off the grid for a week or two or three, pick a direction and keep riding

Just wondered if there were any must visit roads/sites/destinations anyone could reccomend? Have done the Kimberley through work so I'm thinking of either a) heading over east, towards Adeilade and maybe the east coast or b) down through Margaret river and keep heading south until I feel like going home.

any suggestions would be awesome, on a sports bike so generally 'good condition' roads, the faster/twistier/more scenic, the better

caves rd markup river is a magic scenic ride.....
    faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

just head south, south/east and play around the golden triangle, be mindful that a lot of places are going to have tourists as it's holiday season, most roads are bike friendly.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=P...,2,3,4&t=m&z=9

Comment

Pemberton to Northcliffe also
        Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

I was going to say join us heading to Melbourne but the above roads seem alot more fun :-)

Comment

Clockwise circuit of Australia...

- - - Updated - - -

At Three Ways in the NT you can chicken out and only do a half circuit...

Comment

I just got back today from 5 days riding an abbreviated South West Corner with a mate. Perth, kalgoorlie, Esperance, Albany, Busselton. Some amazing roads but the must see for me was Cape Le Grande national Park in Esperance. Give it a go. You could easily make it take a couple if weeks if you add exploring the back roads and more of the Coastal roads. Highly recommended!!!
              Last edited by SeanC; 24-11-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

You don't have enough time to go East and the roads in the SW are for the most part narrow and in poor condition. I went East in 1988 and didn't come back for 12yrs. You can ride so many variations in road its indescribable. Just do it!

Comment

Originally posted by motoguzzles View Post
                  You don't have enough time to go East and the roads in the SW are for the most part narrow and in poor condition. I went East in 1988 and didn't come back for 12yrs. You can ride so many variations in road its indescribable. Just do it!
                  Best yet, keep going east until you hit New Zealand... or South America.

Comment

My bike is waiting for me in Melbourne to ride Tasmania then gets freighted ex Adelaide back again just after New Year. The more I look at the roads I want to ride, the more I want to opt out for a year or two to do it. If you decide to go the Esperance way, the new road following the coast from Hopetoun toward Albany is brilliant.
                    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

Absolutely agree. I had a mate that was going to tour with me when I left Perth in 1988. He said he had just one more bill to pay and he would catch up..........last I heard, he was still paying that last bill. Don't wait to pay the bills......get on your bike and ride. Don't plan a destination or make deadlines. Trust me, I don't have a single regret. Mt Glorious (Brisbane Hinterland), Oxley Hwy, Sapphire Coast, Brown Mtn, Snowy Mtns Hwy......topped off with Tassie. Be careful in Tassie, they have a habit of marking the road with the "Open" speed sign. As you hook into your first set of twisties, you are struggling to punch 40kph. AND the corners have a bad habit of tightening up right at the apex. Apart from that!!!!!!!

Comment

chang Mai
                        thank me later
                        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Brockman highway...
                          Originally posted by wattsie
                          "He's hung like a moose and his name is Kloun" - Huggys mum

Comment

Working...
                          X