Motorcycle timeshare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle timeshare?

About 6 months ago I bought a blackbird. I am a bit bored with it already, even tho it is a good bike, and find myself looking at beulls with a hint of jealousy. I told myself to stick with this one but there are so many good bikes out there I want to ride them all. So it made me think if it would be [I]possible[I] to organise a club or group of like minded individuals who will willingly share there noble steeds?

The obvious problem is the beurocracy involved ie insurance and licencing but does anyone think we can do it? If everyone involved has a bike worth approx 10k would you be happy to swap it for a while?

Just think - January on a v twin, Feb on a motard, March on a cafe racer and so on.

Originally posted by wonky View Post
    So it made me think if it would be [I]possible[I] to organise a club or group of like minded individuals who will willingly share there noble steeds?
    Just make friends with people that have bikes that you like. That's the only reason anyone is friends with Tommy Gun

That said, I rarely if ever ask to ride mates bikes, too worried I'd bin someone else's bike. A lot of guys don't mind lending bikes to their mates though. All just a trust thing I guess.

Comment

A motorcycle swingers club.

Comment

Originally posted by wonky View Post
        ...Just think - January; an impounded v twin, Feb; a wrecked motard, March; a red lined cafe racer and so on.
        Fixed.

I trust my friends but peeps can't help themselves.
        It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Goto a party, leave your helmet on, keys in the bowl, mingle, when it's time to leave take a set of keys and pray you dont get the hyo.

Comment

hyo's not invited.

Comment

There are clubs that do similar with supercars. Pay an annual membership and get X many days of usage. Flasher car costs you more days of your allocation. Do some research.

No reason you couldn't do it if you could get a few dozen financially well endowed founding members that don't have time to be bothered maintaining their own toys just bear in mind everyone is going to want to ride on the same days and you would have to be very selective as to who you allow in. Insurance could get very expensive and bikes getting impounded quite inconvenient if the wrong people get involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
              Goto a party, leave your helmet on, keys in the bowl, mingle, when it's time to leave take a set of keys and pray you dont get the hyo.
              Make it exciting. Mrs goes pillion as part of the deal
              The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

The simple answer is buy a couple more.. I have 4 of them, they are all different and all have their place, whether it be a quick ride to the shop or out for a Sunday morning blast and a coffee...

Cheers

Oiler

Comment

We did this frequently when I was younger, we also lent mates licenses on the odd occasion when they had err, temporarily misplaced theirs.

No photos on licenses back then, we had all sorts of ways of overcoming minor hiccups but you had to know your mates DOB, that was the only question ever asked to prove your / his identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                    That's a slippery slope you're starting on, before you know it you'll be pillioning blokes you're not related to...

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                    We did this frequently when I was younger, we also lent mates licenses on the odd occasion when they had err, temporarily misplaced theirs.

No photos on licenses back then, we had all sorts of ways of overcoming minor hiccups but you had to know your mates DOB, that was the only question ever asked to prove your / his identity.
                    I know a bloke who tried that towards the end of the transitional period earlyish 2000s, only to have a female officer in a flirty tone (so he claimed) ask him what his star sign was. He answered immediately and honestly, followed by "... fuck!" Funnier because he's admitted he could have easily and believably played it off as saying he didn't know if he'd been using the correct head to think at the time. We helpfully suggested not just immediately and loudly acknowledging defeat might have helped also. I'd ask "who even does that?", but I'd previously seen how he reacts to a bad poker hand.
                    Last edited by Ryven; 25-11-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oiler View Post
                      The simple answer is buy a couple more.. I have 4 of them, they are all different and all have their place, whether it be a quick ride to the shop or out for a Sunday morning blast and a coffee...

Cheers

Oiler
                      i was going to answer the same, just buy one of each you like, i've done it that way for years but i have run out of garage space so it's a one for one deal when i want a new one now
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Ha ha Filbert... You must have too many bikes...I need another project bike...let me know if you need to make some room...

Oiler

Comment

I dont think sparkz needs to know about this "Bike swingers club".

Comment

Working...
                          X