Honda Hornet 919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Hornet 919

Hey guys, anyone have or have ridden a Honda Hornet 919. What do you like or dislike about it, is it powerfull enough?
    Any feed back would be great as i am looking at a 2008 model with 30k on her.
    Cheers

Father in law has had two. They are decent, reliable bikes and well built. Has the engine from the pre 2000 fireblades.
    Depends what you want it for or your experience.
    As an commuter, gentle tourer or Sunday cruisey ride machine it's great. If you like fast sports bikes like me you will be feeling a bit disappointed as you realise the limits of the suspension/chassis very quickly.
    Looking at what you have as your current steeds I think you will love it.
    Some people call them bland but be honest with yourself as to what you want from a bike and go test ride it to see how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Angryjock View Post
      Father in law has had two. They are decent, reliable bikes and well built. Has a detuned engine from the pre 2000 fireblades.
      Fixed depends on what you are after but my experience was a completely and utterly biege offereing from Honda pretty much what Angryjock said, dunno if they were affected by the charging issues that affected most Honda's of that era.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Cheers Nero, forgot they were detuned. Beige. Yeah. Like a Volvo.

Comment

Nice and light.

Comment

Are they slow and boring then ? I thought with 110hp and 194kg dry, it would go reasonably well.

Comment

They do go well, if mine hadn't been written off I would've kept it indefinitely. Good commuter, can be good fun on the weekend.
              If you find an inline-4 900 boring, the problem aint with the bike.
              Originally posted by Ryanoceros
              How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggles View Post
                They do go well, if mine hadn't been written off I would've kept it indefinitely. Good commuter, can be good fun on the weekend.
                Thanks Biggles, I only want something with a bit of grunt and is comfy to ride as the Kawasaki is doing my wrists in on a long run due to too many broken bones over the years and I'm approaching half a century.

Comment

All depends on what you are comparing it to I would imagine. I had one for a few years and thought it was ok (bit heavy and a bit bland) .. but then I got my first Street Triple in 2008 and that was heaps more fun (way lighter, way better brakes etc).

Certainly more comfy than a sports bike at less than 120. I got mine as my back was really stuffed at the time. Have stayed with street bikes ever since.

Comment

powerful enough for what? for me no but my current bike has less power...

you could mess with the gearing and have a decent hooligan machine but i wouldn't say the out of the box figures or riding dynamics are all that impressive, but i found the VFR800 i traded up to even more disappointing.
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Got one if them and I love it, sure won't take out on country run but for all the suburban rides it's an awesome machine
                      RIP
                      RYAD
                      RIP
                      🌹

Comment

Try the ZRX1200.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggles View Post
                          Honda can engineer the fun out of anything, they're in fact very very good at it even when the specs as you have quoted them would suggest otherwise. BTW my main road bike is older less powerful and heavier and vastly more engaging that the Hornet ever hoped to be.
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by palo27 View Post
                            Got one if them and I love it, sure won't take out on country run but for all the suburban rides it's an awesome machine
                            Why not a country run, does it rev too hard or what

Comment

Originally posted by skidz View Post
                              Why not a country run, does it rev too hard or what
                              I would guess the wind buffering at over 100Km/h for any length of time .. any naked bike would be much the same.

A flyscreen helps a little, but not that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X