Tyre - will it pass pits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre - will it pass pits?

Got yellowed today for tyres and f-e around 11am while it was parked up at the Mounts Bay Road free parking. Not even by TEG, but Perth Police Centre. Can't see how they can complain about staffing issues any more. Dickbags.

Anyway, will this pass the pits? I've never paid attention to wear markers, I just change them when they stop gripping as good as they used, which these are still far from doing...

I doubt it.

Comment

Nope.
      How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Comment

Yeahhhh..... nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Say hello to Tyres For Bikes from the rest of us...
        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

No way. Wear markers are for tread depth not grip. In the rain no tread depth = aquaplane.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

nope
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Course it will
              Originally posted by Canada
              Even if I was interested in vagina I'd probably be looking for something a little bit stronger... I don't go for sissies

Comment

That won't pass, My front tyre is in a bit better condition than that but I'm replacing it to be safe before taking mine over the pits.

I got pinged as well, the officer who issued it works for TEG.
                Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

Comment

Question. If you bike was covered, would an officer remove the cover to look at your bike? Tyres, FE, general roadworthyness.

Comment

Yeah I can just see it now down at the inspection centre: "Noooo...wear markers don't mean shit, son. Carry on."
                    I'm looking for a beautiful woman with a sick mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                      Say hello to Tyres For Bikes from the rest of us...
                      Burnouts at who's place?

Originally posted by thro View Post
                      No way. Wear markers are for tread depth not grip. In the rain no tread depth = aquaplane.
                      Given that they pretty much aquaplaned from new in the wet, it's surprises me that they care.

Originally posted by DreamTheater View Post
                      I got pinged as well, the officer who issued it works for TEG.
                      What'd the cuntbag get you for?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomman View Post
                        Given that they pretty much aquaplaned from new in the wet, it's surprises me that they care.
                        No it hasn't. Not unless you're running them way low in pressure.

Either way. The tyre manufacturer suggests that at the wear markers it will no longer perform in the wet. The law requires tread deeper than the markers. You're more likely to get a proper (blowout type) puncture with worn out tyres.
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Look on the bright side, you"re getting fairly even wear, the wear indicators on the shoulders have popped their heads up
                          "It moved"

Comment

Originally posted by Randomman View Post
                            What'd the cuntbag get you for?
                            Same thing he got you for(FE), we weren't the only ones either unfortunately.
                            Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

Comment

No it wont pass, and would be a red flag for him to look at everything else a bit closer
                              I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Working...
                              X