stolen gpx eden hill 6054

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stolen gpx eden hill 6054

hello my 1994 GPX was stolen last night between 1 am and 4 am im devo just picked it up and i had not put insurance on it so i am really on the loosing end. please keep an out and insure your shit dont do what i did

gpx.JPG (800×600)

Please upload your image to somewhere on the world wide web, as we can't link to your desktop to be able to see your picture.

Do you have any more details? Colour? Number Plate? VIN? Identifying features? etc.
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Comment

Sorry to hear, hope you didn't leave it out the front like that in Eden Hill!!

Always best to get insurance before you pick u a bike up, mmm what was the seller like?? Dodgy? could he have gone around to pick it back up off you?

Comment

no i left it between cars out front though, i came back too late from work so i could not wake my land lady up so that i put my bike at the back of the house where i usually keep it. the seller was a really nice old guy doubt it was him but i had some guys come look at my car in the arvo and they were looking at my bike funny and didnt buy the car, i got my insurance quote on wednesday and i was going to take the cover out monday when i get paid

Comment

Originally posted by the black one View Post
            no i left it between cars out front though, i came back too late from work so i could not wake my land lady up so that i put my bike at the back of the house where i usually keep it. the seller was a really nice old guy doubt it was him but i had some guys come look at my car in the arvo and they were looking at my bike funny and didnt buy the car, i got my insurance quote on wednesday and i was going to take the cover out monday when i get paid

Oh dear, tip - never have anyone over to look at stuff, meet them somewhere else!!

Did they call you on your mobile? Did you tell the police they looked dodgy? Maybe give the Police the phone number, they can check them out, but oh wait a minute, they don't care about stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
              Oh dear, tip - never have anyone over to look at stuff, meet them somewhere else!!

Did they call you on your mobile? Did you tell the police they looked dodgy? Maybe give the Police the phone number, they can check them out, but oh wait a minute, they don't care about stuff like that
              Called the cops to report it to them and they asked me where i am from originally, i dont know how that will help them find my bike

Comment

I live close to that suburb...will keep an eye out.
                All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by the black one View Post
                  i got my insurance quote on wednesday and i was going to take the cover out monday when i get paid
                  Rookie / Schoolboy error...

When you get a quote from an insurance company, if / when you decide to take the policy and you inform the insurance company of your intention in doing so, you can ask to be immediately covered (from the time of the phone call) and this is called a cover note. You do not have to pay the balance on the spot... In most circumstances, they send you an invoice and a copy of the policy and you have 2 weeks to pay the balance (but are still covered by the policy for that 2 week period that you never paid for), thus confirming you are taking out the policy.

In the event that you have to claim under that period, you are still able to claim but whatever balance you are owed (sum of item insured, if it gets that far / bike is not recovered or whatever), you are given the remaining balance minus what the policy was to cost. Hopefully that makes sense...

Personally, I will never ride or drive off with a new bike or car, without confirming that I am completely covered from the time of the phone call / taking out the policy. You just dont know - you could ride down the road and have a slide or this could happen...

Still, I am sorry that is has all worked out like this. In future (for the benefit of yourself or others out there in the same situation), know that you can elect to be insured and pay the balance at a later date. If nothing else, hopefully you learn from the experience and it never happens again.

Comment

you live and learn
                    Last edited by the black one; 28-11-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

For future reference:
                      The same applies for insuring cars, bicycles, jewelry, houses, whatever.
                      I work on the principal that if you can't afford to insure it, you probably can't afford to own it. Whether or not you choose to insure it is a risk you have to decide upon yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebandit View Post
                        For future reference:
                        The same applies for insuring cars, bicycles, jewelry, houses, whatever.
                        I work on the principal that if you can't afford to insure it, you probably can't afford to own it. Whether or not you choose to insure it is a risk you have to decide upon yourself.
                        all my cars are insured and my last bike was insured as well its just that i had recently picked this bike up and i was still comparing quotes because i wasnt happy with my last insurer

Comment

same bike as my first. Sucks bro. Rego number?
                          yes, i am ignorant
                          yes, i am a prick
                          no, i don't care
                          you make me sick

Comment

rego number is UO8678. PLATES ARE YELLOW with black letters

Comment

Working...
                            X