• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel 10, The Project, distracted drivers

Anyone catch this,
    Texting and driving - Network Ten
    www.facebook.com/jtrautocare - www.jtrautocare.com.au

Absolutely fucking infuriating the way they try and inspire sympathy for that woman. "I lost my job, I lost my relationship, I've lost friends" - and the guy she hit lost his fucking LEG. Where is his point of fucking view? Why are they trying to portray her as some sort of fucking VICTIM in all this? Fuck journalists, fuck them all to hottest, most agonizing corner of hell.

Comment

I guess on the positive side there may be some potential phone users who MAY think twice before deciding to pull over or wait till they get to their destination before calling/texting. This is much less likely to occur if they interview the rider, whom the audience (pool of fuckwits) can't relate to. But yes, fuck all journalists, and the editors and moguls they answer to.
      Originally posted by Skut
      ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

I had to stop watching, I want to hunt down that woman & chop her limbs off! Then go after the producers of this tripe!
        The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Email the funts and have a bitch at the show.
          Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Will people stop blaming journalists. There aren't any journalists involved with that show, and there are few worthy of the title even working for those stations.

Comment

'Journalists' on commercial TV and tabloid fish and chip wrappers are only there for one reason, which is to suck in the largest possible audience and sell advertising space.

Sad as it is, the people who watch and read this drivel make up the largest percentile of our population and react accordingly by also getting sucked in to the ads.

How else would the likes of Harvey Norman survive? The guy is a twat.
              Similarly why would anybody of sound mind eat Maccas, Hungry Jacks etc believing it is actually a substitute for a decent meal?

Comment

i can't even bring myself to watch that video.

the project is a bigger pile of shit than a current affair and today tonight. why? because it pretends to be groundbreaking and in-depth, when in reality, it's the same vapid bullshit - just aimed at a younger audience. at least ACA/TT don't pretend to be anything but the lowbrow crap they are.

typical commercial for the project: "why is there so much suffering in <topical third world country> and what can we do about it?" solving the world's problems with a 5 minute story is almost as effective as liking a facebook campaign against nuclear war.

\overdue rant on the project

Comment

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post

the project is a bigger pile of shit than a current affair and today tonight. why? because it pretends to be groundbreaking and in-depth, when in reality, it's the same vapid bullshit - just aimed at a younger audience. at least ACA/TT don't pretend to be anything but the lowbrow crap they are.

typical commercial for the project: "why is there so much suffering in <topical third world country> and what can we do about it?" solving the world's problems with a 5 minute story is almost as effective as liking a facebook campaign against nuclear war.

second.
                  Can you help with foster care?
                  http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post

Carried.

Oh hang on, she's cute

Comment

Coincidentally, while we're hijacking the thread, The Walkley Awards for excellence in journalism is currently showing on ABC3. Cue sarcasm.
                      Originally posted by Skut
                      ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

I kinda found this to be a better attempt at this type of story. I mean, they did try to relate the average driver to the general public. Show them the consequences of being a retard driver, and again being related to one. They put it clear, distractions such as mobile texting while driving causes inattention and accidents. Fear tactics and that.

Just fucking rediculous how may people think they can get away with this, and yet be unable to turn their heads and check blind spots before fucking changing lanes. I still of the opinion that hands free is better than hands on, but those who text whilst driving are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post
                          Absolutely fucking infuriating the way they try and inspire sympathy for that woman. "I lost my job, I lost my relationship, I've lost friends" - and the guy she hit lost his fucking LEG. Where is his point of fucking view? Why are they trying to portray her as some sort of fucking VICTIM in all this? Fuck journalists, fuck them all to hottest, most agonizing corner of hell.
                          I did not see it as 'trying to inspire sympathy', I saw it as women makes stupid mistake and fucks up her life.

I generally feel sad for people who make stupid choices and fuck up. Yeh, the guy she hit lost his leg too. The point? There are no winners.

Totally agree that 'The Project' is a shambles of a show, "News for morons" - but that said, morons might be watching and think 'fuck, I don't to end up dead or like that ugly, fat old bag'. If that's the case, if just one 'P' plater teenager refrains from using the phone - then its not all bad.

The show is hideously shallow, but it never pretends to be anything more serious than TT or ACA and if you think it does, you need to ask yourself some hard questions.

Once again - I am not defending the show and its poor quality, but I am defending a piece of television that isn't "Australias Craziest Sluts in the kitchen" and if nothing else does more good than harm to the discussion on using phones while driving, especially with its demographic.

As for journalists - ask yourself, where do you get your news and who profits from your choice?
                          Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                          Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Sorry, didn't see the show so cannot comment, but I'm sure by the tone of the replies here it would have just made me angry.

[QUOTE=devolved;2975696] "Australias Craziest Sluts in the kitchen" QUOTE]

This show you speak of, what channel is it on ???
                            "Farewell, shitty day, don't forget to fuck thyself on the way out"

Comment

Originally posted by devolved View Post
                              The show is hideously shallow, but it never pretends to be anything more serious than TT or ACA and if you think it does, you need to ask yourself some hard questions.
                              i've asked myself SUPER-hard questions and i've still concluded that the project pretends to be more serious than ACA/TT.

Comment

Working...
                              X