AGV PISTA and CORSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGV PISTA and CORSA

Has anyone seen or used these helmets in the flesh? I believe the Pista Carbon and Rossi replica are new to the market and will soon be available.

I have read and watched plenty of reviews but not really getting the info i'd like. Being a full race helmet they don't really compare it or rate it for everyday commuting. Which is of course what i want it for:-) Being designed for high speed and aerodynamics i would think it'd have to be pretty quite.
    So yeh anyone know anything about these.. APart from being bloody pricey.

Bought one few months ago, brilliant helmet! 3 months and half waiting for my size (XL). I got the plain carbon one with the 46 stickers.

Is worth the money? I guess yes, if you are looking at saving few Gr of the average helmet weight.

Quality wise same as Arai Corsair or a Shoei X-12

Hope that helps ;-)
    MTWA - Motorcycle Training With Andrea
    DOT Qualified Motorcycle Instructor
    Cert IV in Training and Assessment
    WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
    WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

Helmet House post here folks.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-corsa-167505/

Come see us for a professional fitting or just to browse at:

911A Albany Highway, East Victoria Park, Western Australia, 6101
      OPEN 'til 6pm weekdays (8pm Thurs) plus 9-3pm Sat and 9-1pm Sun

Phone Adam, Natalie or AJ on: (08) 9362 1758

Email: [email protected]
      Web: www.helmethouse.com.au
      (New Website Never Coming Soon - We thrive on personal service.)

Join us on Facebook
      www.facebook.com/helmethousewa

Comment

Originally posted by vale46 View Post
        Bought one few months ago, brilliant helmet! 3 months and half waiting for my size (XL). I got the plain carbon one with the 46 stickers.

Is worth the money? I guess yes, if you are looking at saving few Gr of the average helmet weight.

Quality wise same as Arai Corsair or a Shoei X-12

Hope that helps ;-)

Yeh the Rossi one looks awesome... If your into that haha.. How is it for noise? can you imagine a bluetooth intercom and music being useable up to the 110km mark?

I am also looking at the Corsair but the physical size of the AGV looks smaller. might be because of the four shell sizes.

Comment

Yeah i know, i guess im lucky cos i don't mind the 46 plus at the time when I got the helmet that was the only colour scheme available... now you can even get the Turtle one.
          Definitely worth the shot to go to Helmet House in December to have a look as it's a big investment and u wanna make sure you get the right size

Andrea
          MTWA - Motorcycle Training With Andrea
          DOT Qualified Motorcycle Instructor
          Cert IV in Training and Assessment
          WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
          WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

Originally posted by vale46 View Post
            Yeah i know, i guess im lucky cos i don't mind the 46 plus at the time when I got the helmet that was the only colour scheme available... now you can even get the Turtle one.
            Definitely worth the shot to go to Helmet House in December to have a look as it's a big investment and u wanna make sure you get the right size

Andrea
            Just to clarify for you guys...

The current limited shipment only has 3 graphics - the Pista graphic GP PROJECT 46

and in the Corsa WINTER TEST and SOLELUNA

All as pictured in our sponsor post... http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-corsa-167505/

Cheers

HH

Come see us for a professional fitting or just to browse at:

911A Albany Highway, East Victoria Park, Western Australia, 6101
            OPEN 'til 6pm weekdays (8pm Thurs) plus 9-3pm Sat and 9-1pm Sun

Phone Adam, Natalie or AJ on: (08) 9362 1758

Email: [email protected]
            Web: www.helmethouse.com.au
            (New Website Never Coming Soon - We thrive on personal service.)

Join us on Facebook
            www.facebook.com/helmethousewa

Comment

I tried a few on whilst over at the IOMTT. Didn't, at this stage, draw me into wanting to add to my AGV collection.
              Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyv View Post
                Has anyone seen or used these helmets in the flesh? I believe the Pista Carbon and Rossi replica are new to the market and will soon be available.

I have read and watched plenty of reviews but not really getting the info i'd like. Being a full race helmet they don't really compare it or rate it for everyday commuting. Which is of course what i want it for:-) Being designed for high speed and aerodynamics i would think it'd have to be pretty quite.
                So yeh anyone know anything about these.. APart from being bloody pricey.
                Do you think it is a style issue or aerodynamic that the "chin" part of this helmet, and a few others, seem to be creeping on downwards towards the chest area?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                  Do you think it is a style issue or aerodynamic that the "chin" part of this helmet, and a few others, seem to be creeping on downwards towards the chest area?
                  From what i gather it is more the dedicated race helmets.. Helps minimise the up lift... according to the wind tunnel testing they do.

Comment

Working...
                  X