Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No plate - Run without or switch

Hey,

Was heading down south yesterday and have managed to lose my plate.

I have reported it to WAPOL and have a reference number for the report

Rode from Perth to Prevelly and back with no hassle from WAPOL... Surprisingly

I am now home and want to use the bike... Should I run without a plate or take the plate off an old bike (Not currently running) and use it on the 636

Both bikes are Kawasaki (250 and 636) and follow somewhat the same colour scheme.

Have tried search but no luck
    Last edited by HeyBrew; 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM.

Running without a plate, if properly reported, would be legal. Running a plate off another bike wouldn't be. I suspect you'd get in a lot more trouble for a switched plate than a lost plate.

Comment

Use the other plate, with out a plate it's only a matter of time before you get pulled over. if they get you for the wrong plate, at least you can give them a reasonable excuse and they'll still know it's your bike and stuff. My thoughts anyway.
      "It moved"

Comment

I might be crazy, but surely the logical thing to do is get the plate remade?! It's just a piece of aluminium/plastic it's not hard. There are heaps of places that make them fairly cheap.
        Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
        Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
          I might be crazy, but surely the logical thing to do is get the plate remade?! It's just a piece of aluminium/plastic it's not hard. There are heaps of places that make them fairly cheap.
          Well obviously I will be heading to DoT tomorrow to get a new one but until then... Bike is my only mode of transport

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey View Post
            Use the other plate, with out a plate it's only a matter of time before you get pulled over. if they get you for the wrong plate, at least you can give them a reasonable excuse and they'll still know it's your bike and stuff. My thoughts anyway.
            Do not do this!!!! Cop cars have cameras and computers that will run ur plate without pulling u over and if the bike and plate don't match u will get pulled and get in more trouble. You have done the legal thing u have a report number on the off chance u get pulled just say u are taking ur bike straight home after discovering the plate missing
            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

No two both ideas, just throwing it out there, why not ride the legal bike i.e. the 250??

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                No two both ideas, just throwing it out there, why not ride the legal bike i.e. the 250??
                Originally posted by Heybrew View Post
                take the plate off an old bike (Not currently running)
                ^This

Comment

pretty sure its only a $50 fine for having no plate. same as if it is covered. it will cost u that much to use public transport for a week.

Comment

Rectangle piece of cardboard, marker pen, cable ties...Would be illegal but you might get your photo on facebook if you make it big enough

Comment

It's a pretty brainless decision.
                      for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
                      for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
                      for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

FFS Jandels, I thought you were a bit smarter than that...

Keep the police report number handy and should you get pulled up let them know why you don't have the plate. You should be fine to do this for a few days. If you're pulled over in two weeks time you may have some difficulty explaining why you never had a chance to go to the DOT and get a new plate, then you'll be in a bit of crap.

Costs about $24 for a new plate from memory, so no biggy. Just have to wait in line for 2 hours, fill out a form saying that you've lost the plate, pay the fee and then you get given a new plate. Dead easy.

Comment

Running no plate, or the wrong plate, is a pretty tempting reason for a cop to pull you over and give you (another) yellow licky though.............

Comment

Originally posted by ADD!CT View Post
                            Running no plate, or the wrong plate, is a pretty tempting reason for a cop to pull you over and give you (another) yellow licky though.............
                            Running no plate means he doesn't have to pull over.

Comment

$50 fine 0 demerits.

Been done twice over the course of almost a year and ride everyday.

Not really an issue.

Just go to the DoT when your ready and if you really need to ride, just risk the $50.
                              Originally posted by Rich...
                              You got me in trouble...

Comment

Working...
                              X