Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough time to sell at the moment?

Evening!

Just wanted to gauge peoples thoughts on selling up at the moment. Had my bike on gumtree for three weeks at the moment and not had one single call! Now I know everything will sell at the right price, but I think I am priced pretty keenly! Anyone else not get many bites at the moment?

just posted it on here last night as well, so hopefully something will come along soon!

What bike? What price?

Comment

My bet is over priced.

I rarely ever have problems selling anything but I don't ask silly money either.

There are people that sell for realistic money and sell quick & there are people that ask too much and end up sitting on something for months and months on end only to take a lower price anyway, make a price suitable and sell it for that.
      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Sorry, my bike : http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...2009-a-167540/

Comment

a couple of times I've had bikes on gumtree for 5 or 6 weeks before any real bites, the last one for 5 weeks, then 3 all in one week. sometimes it just about waiting for the right buyer
          euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Originally posted by Terrymcg View Post
            Limited market for that type of bike me thinks

Comment

mine sold in 3 days ^_^
              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

What Stoney said....

Price is okay for the KM and mods, just a very specific bike is all,

It will sell just will take longer and will prob be after Xmas tbh, just make sure it's clean as this wi
                Give you the best chance of selling, strange I know but people tend to buy "Clean Rides". Pardon the pun

Good luck with it

RR
                http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

Most people would be spending money on gifts for other people coming up to Christmas then themselves.
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

^subtle like a brick, RR!

but seriously, it could help, and the man is good!
                    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by RRossi View Post
                      strange I know but people tend to buy "Clean Rides". Pardon the pun
                      RR
                      Am i missing something? It looks reasonably clean to me....

Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                      Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

If you haven't sold a bike before it's not the same as losing the cage. Smaller market & most potential buyers have a short list of models that's...short.

So often you need patience, or be prepared to drop the price for a quicker sale.

Having said that, there's plenty of peeps on here who got the price they wanted quickly cause their timing was good re hooking up with a buyer.

Last bike I sold just sat there for weeks without a nibble; then one person came over and bought it really quickly - didn't even take it for a test ride. She really wanted my particular model.
                        It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Then again, according to Yamaha Motor Australia, some 177 'N' models were sold last year, compared to 172 'S' models, so what do I know?

That's from 2008, but you see how few people lined up to buy a new FZ6S...

Three years later the number of people lining up for a used FZ6S you would expect to be less...

It's a small market...

On the plus side, it's low kays, in good nick and priced right...

You're probably going to just have to wait it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post

On the plus side, it's low kays, in good nick and priced right...

You're probably going to just have to wait it out...
                            Or trade it in

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                              ^subtle like a brick, RR!

but seriously, it could help, and the man is good!
                              It may have been the least subtle advertising ever but he's definitely right haha.

To me it says that the owner doesn't care much for the bike, or care much for selling the bike, if it's dirty.
                              Originally posted by tank-wombat
                              Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                              ----------------------------------------
                              TRX 850.

Comment

Working...
                              X