Help needed... someone handy with solder/circuitry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed... someone handy with solder/circuitry

Servo motor is kaput on my zx10 as of today according to my FI light flashing at me. Have found a fix using a 470uf capacitor, 220ohm 1/2watt resistor, and a 4.7k ohm 1/2 resistor.

Im after someone with some knowledge of soldering capacitors/resistors or basic circuitry, to help me complete this fix to stop my bike throwing a fault code.

I can supply pictures of exactly how it is to be done, and can buy the needed things from jaycar, just need someone handy with a solder who understands what they are doing. I could give it a crack myself.. but im not too keen incase I do something wrong and short something.. or cause a fire..

Remuneration in the way of beers or whatever else you may require can be supplied.

I can help, where are you?
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Awesome mate!

Im in piara waters (SOR) and am free all day tomorrow or wednesday.

Can ride to wherever needed to do it as well..

Comment

I'm in Mt Nasura. Free tomorrow evening. I'll see if I have gas for the portasol & let you know.
        The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Sounds good mate. I'll check in tomorrow morning.

Comment

Out of gas but I'll be in the city tomorrow & will pick up a new one. I've been meaning to get in to building guitar pedals again & need a new one anyway.

Comment

I have a tin of Weller gas at work if you need to borrow it in a pinch BOFH, just come grab it from my desk....

Comment

Another option:

Servo Buddy - Kawasaki Exhaust Servo Eliminator

Plugs into the Servo motor and will stop the fault code & CEL. Pretty sure that [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION] bought one recently for his Bol D'or ZX10... They maybe arent quite as cheap as what you'll be able to do yourself with some resistors and all, but its a simple plug and play unit that is well packaged and would hardly be noticed / look as if it was a factory plug. Can also obviously be easily reversed if you need to go back to stock to sell or if you need to head over the pits for whatever reason. It's probably the better option for someone like me, that isnt confident messing with circuit boards etc.

Comment

Close... replaces the servo motor.

But at about $80 delivered, you can make it for about $5 in parts, only thing you won't have is the factory plugs, but you can cut them off the servo motor you have just ripped out.

If I wasn't away working I would have been able to build you one also.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Well, there you go... Maybe not, but something to consider if you get stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
                      Out of gas but I'll be in the city tomorrow & will pick up a new one. I've been meaning to get in to building guitar pedals again & need a new one anyway.
                      Just took the tail apart and got to the servo motor. Gave her a bit of loving (mostly wd40) and its working again. Go figure. Will cancel/postpone tonight mate. I'll ride it today and see how we go. But next time it throws the fault code I'll send you a PM and we'll get it sorted for good. Thanks for your offer of help so far mate I appreciate it.

Comment

No worries, I was going to suggest going with a packaged option if it was available, tacking on a load of components where they'd be subject to vibrations/shocks might not be a good long term solution.

Comment

Question: Does you bike still have the valves in the exhaust system? Or have you got an exhaust that does away with the valves?
                          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Stock exhaust system with modified stock mufflers. Assume the flutterby is still in there. All cables etc still there and servo working again

Comment

What year ZX10 is it?
                              I have a couple of spare servo's and exhaust bits if you need them.
                              RR VRT #100
                              Sponsors Wanted.
                              Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                              A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Working...
                              X