Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Tyre Fender Thingy

Good Morning all,

I got pulled over this morning on my way home from work for not having a "fender" over my rear tyre. The cop said I have to have one so I don't fling water & dirt over a the car behind me, which I thought was a crock of sh*t. Copped a $100.00 fine & avoided a yellow sticker luckily.

Anyways this isn't intended as a bitch session, I saw 3 other bikes on my journey home that didn't have fenders & just wanted to allow all the fellow riders to learn from my misfortune.

Also if anyone on here has a spare fender laying around & want to sell it, pm me. I have a Yamaha 96 YZF600R. Not sure what will or wont fit, but hopefully my pics upload.

Cheers

Take It Easy & If Its Easy, Take it Twice

Use a paint tray , they work well.
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

odd, the bike looks pretty stock to me, but I wouldn't really know I guess. Mine looks the same anyway and I've changed it a little but only to relocate the reflector, no actual changes to the 'fender'

My tyre hugger/chain guard is off at the moment however and I should really pop it back on, I hear that's a yellow if they see it.
      Originally posted by boeman
      Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
      Originally posted by Chuck Steak
      Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Lol. Im gonna have to try harder at getting the misses agree to me getting a new bike again I think

Comment

I thought the whole purpose of the fender was for the reflector. I thought I could get away with it seen as that led strip under the plate is a duplicate tail / brake light. My bad. The office wasn't a bad fellah tho luckily.

Comment

Welcome to wanky laws and bikes.
            Fender should be at 45 from axil.
            There is nothing saying what it shall be costrucked from.
            It must have a reflecter also.
            So paint trays, office file's are all good.
            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Probably 50% of PSB remove their Fender as soon as they get a new bike. You'll see lots of people on PSB posting about being busted for "FE" (meaning fender eliminator..i.e not having a fender), it's a simple fix and a risk a lot of us take for decent looks. It's the first mod I made to each of my three bikes but so far I haven't had any issues
              Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
              Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

I thought their boss told them a few months ago to forget about petty infringements and concentrate on some actual traffic policing?

Add this to yesterday's post about the traffic cop seeing and ignoring the dangerous load just to go back to holding his hairdryer and it pretty much says it all.

Remembering An Australian Comedy Classic – BARGEARSE

Comment

I wouldn't bother. I would keep riding it.

They must have been given a directive. So many people getting nailed all of a sudden. Maybe real crime is down and they have nothing to do.

Comment

Ahhhh I was always trying to figure out what a "FE" was haha. All bikes look 200% better without it & if a car is driving close enough in the winter to be copping my tyre spray than he / she deserves it along with a kick to the head.

Comment

How does dirt coming from the BOTTOM of the tyre get stopped from a fender coming from ABOVE the tyre... it's a BS rule

Comment

Originally posted by J.J View Post
                        I wouldn't bother. I would keep riding it.

They must have been given a directive. So many people getting nailed all of a sudden. Maybe real crime is down and they have nothing to do.
                        It's not all of a sudden. People have been getting stickers for that and excessively loud pipes for years. I mention those two things because they're probably the two most readily obvious changes you can make to a bike. You can see/hear those changes from a distance, so you're begging the officers to pull you over for a chat about the weather and to see what else is wrong with your vehicle.

Comment

I thought it was more to stop stones getting flicked up into the back of your own head? Like when you ride a dirtbike without one and you get mud all up your back..? Just guessing though.
                          Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                          Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Use an old vizor,should add the couple of mm's needed and be un noticeable from a distance,would love to see their face if you get pulled with a transparent one

Comment

It could do that, but never seems to be claimed that's the rule

Interestingly, I was sure cars used to have mudflaps, but this doesn't seem to be enforced anymore

I know the poor standard fender on my retro bike used to have me covered in dirt on rainy days

They way I see it (although I have my first loud(ish) pipe ever) is that why give them reason to find fault and give you ticket if they can't ping you for something and want to?

Comment

Working...
                              X