STOLEN - rare Schuberth C3 Pro helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN - rare Schuberth C3 Pro helmet

SHITE!!! I just had the Schuberth C3 Pro stolen from my bike at Innaloo shopping centre. Happened at around 1pm on Tue 3rd Dec.

You can't buy Schuberth's in Australia, so this is likely to be fairly rare. Mine is Matt Black.

Jumped off my bike to pick something up and was gone 10 minutes and it was knicked during that time. It was hidden under a crappy old Black/Grey Dri-rider motorbike jacket (which also got knicked). Nobody would have been interested in the jacket and it wasn't obvious that there was a helmet underneath, hence they must have spotted me coming into the car park.

Was right next to the escalator up to the shops as well, but CCTV saw nothing.

My iPod and Sennheiser's were in the pocket too! That sucks!!! Please keep your eyes open for a matt black C3 Pro kicking around, there can't be too many in Perth!!!

???? Sucks, but I can't understand why you would leave both on your bike??????

Comment

^ pretty much that.

I'm not sure if your insurance would cover theft of gear or not, might be worth asking.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
        ???? Sucks, but I can't understand why you would leave both on your bike??????
        Because I'm an idiot and put too much trust in the good people of Perth.

I've been doing it for years with my old M2R helmet and nobody has ever touched that. I've had the Schuberth 5 days and this was the first time I left it on the bike. Stolen at the first opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by stuartg View Post
          Innaloo shopping centre.
          There's your problem.

Sucks to hear mate but I don't think that someone would be specifically targeting that helmet. If it had been your old M2R it would likely have been stolen too.
          Good luck getting the replacement sorted.
          Originally posted by Desmo
          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Bugger, will keep an eye out. The helmet is rare, but being plain matte black isn't very distinctive.
            On my very first PSB LNR many moons ago, my shadow [MENTION=11235]Kristy[/MENTION] told me "Don't leave your helmet on your bike".
            Hope you find it but chances are mighty slim.
            If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Were there any other bikes parked around you at that time. Perhaps a fellow biker may have saw someone pinch your gear.
              Why Try to Fit In, When You Were Born to Stand Out....

Comment

give us a picture of what it looks like, we'll keep an eye out for it.
                My helmet is just cheap but I think I will be locking it to the bike from now on. I couldn't imagine the cops accepting the "my helmet got stolen" excuse on the ride home.
                Only dead fish go with the flow

Comment

Originally posted by stuartg View Post
                  . I've had the Schuberth 5 days and this was the first time I left it on the bike. Stolen at the first opportunity.
                  Must be someone who knows helmets
                  Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                  remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                  Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                  Who died while defending his right of way;
                  He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                  But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Badluck mate, I've been leaving my helmet / jacket on my bike at the airport/shops etc and been pretty good.

Maybe check around the area/shops as it might just be some punkass kid who has taken it and has no idea what to do/what it's worth etc. and dumped it?
                    Originally posted by Rich...
                    You got me in trouble...

Comment

This is what it looks like:

Redirect Notice

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]This is what it looks like: http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&so...86139754820149[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by danb View Post
                        give us a picture of what it looks like, we'll keep an eye out for it.
                        My helmet is just cheap but I think I will be locking it to the bike from now on. I couldn't imagine the cops accepting the "my helmet got stolen" excuse on the ride home.
                        Take it with you. If you lock it to the bike they will just cut the strap.
                        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Let's see if this works better

Review: The Schuberth C3 Pro - Gears - ExPo: Adventure and Overland Travel Enthusiasts

Comment

This one?
                            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by siege65 View Post
                              Were there any other bikes parked around you at that time. Perhaps a fellow biker may have saw someone pinch your gear.
                              Yes, there was a nice red Kawasaki ZX14 parked right next to me. Then when I came back it was gone. CCTV at Innaloo said it left 3 minutes after I arrived.

I remember the bike well because I have a ZX12R and I spent a couple of minutes admiring it. Had a carbon aftermarket exhaust and a freaking tow ball on it!!! Plus a light grey gear bag above the tow ball. The red was a metallic matt effect. There can't be too may ZX14s like that in Perth? However, I can't prove a thing and I don't know for sure the ZX14 owner took my stuff. However, he was likely walking towards his bike when my stuff got nicked and must have seen something

Comment

Working...
                              X