Mounts Bay Road parking not safe during the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounts Bay Road parking not safe during the day

So yeah paid $500 for new tyres and passed the pits on Tuesday, come back from work today and bike is gone from the Mounts Bay Road carpark. Be aware, daylight and traffic doesn't stop thieves.

Red Triumph Daytona 675 2008 model 1EM273 (Can't even remember the plates atm?)

To be honest I'd probably prefer the payout so I can fuck off to Canada instead.

seriously,.. I don't know why people by triumphs... 'they' have clearly learnt these bikes don't have immobilisers.

has to be the most stolen bike...
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

pretty sure i squeezed in between your's and a cruiser yesterday or day before... didnt have the yellow sticker any more
      in fact there's 2 scruffy looking cunts, one on pushbike which I've noticed twice now in the last few days, didn't look like they were doing anything at the time but stuck in mind because its not the area someone would normally be loitering. will question them if i see em again

Comment

Yeah some cunt gave me that yellow despite some dude with custom plates having no indicators and one of the shortest FE I've seen not getting one??

I'm surprised to hear that 96, I thought all new vehicles had to have immobilisers? Either way not too concerned, I wouldn't have a >$8k bike without full comp.

Comment

Immobiliser or not, loading it into a van with a couple of guys wouldn't be hard.

I can't bring myself to park my bike anywhere like that.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Randomman View Post
            I wouldn't have a >$8k bike without full comp.
            good stuff.
            amazes me how many people don't.
            The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              Immobiliser or not, loading it into a van with a couple of guys wouldn't be hard.

I can't bring myself to park my bike anywhere like that.
              That's where I've got the comfort of full comp. Thought mine wasn't exactly fully customised.

Originally posted by 96 View Post
              good stuff.
              amazes me how many people don't.
              I know... especially on something two guys can pick up and stuff in a van.

Comment

That's where I've got the comfort of full comp. Thought mine wasn't exactly fully customised.

I know... especially on something two guys can pick up and stuff in a van.

Have full comp on all my vehicles as well, but it doesn't mean I'm going to be happy to risk catching a cab home or walking and paying excess on a claim. It's still a fuck around even if you are insured.
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Have full comp on all my vehicles as well, but it doesn't mean I'm going to be happy to risk catching a cab home or walking and paying excess on a claim. It's still a fuck around even if you are insured.
                  Fair call. But a fuck around is still better than being $8,000 out of pocket.

Comment

Mounts Bay Road parking not safe during the day

Originally posted by andymac View Post
                    Fair call. But a fuck around is still better than being $8,000 out of pocket.
                    Yeah. But point being that parking somewhere known to be dodgy as fuck is likely to be inconvenient one way or another.

Anyone reported it to city of Perth? Surely they would be keen to add a few more surveillance cameras to their collection?
                    Last edited by thro; 06-12-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Yeah. But point being that parking somewhere know to be dodgy as fuck is likely to be inconvenient one way or another.
                      That x 1000

City of Perth reamed us by closing off lots of inner city bays and dumping us down in an area of Thievesville with no passive surveillance.
                      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Why not setup our own battery powered HD smart cam. COP can also help by putting in something to lock bike to.
                        You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

I wouldn't have a >$8k bike without full comp.
                          Mine is less than that and I got full copm. insurance
                          Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                          remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                          Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                          Who died while defending his right of way;
                          He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                          But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                            That x 1000

City of Perth reamed us by closing off lots of inner city bays and dumping us down in an area of Thievesville with no passive surveillance.
                            But people choose to park there!! Though I think a lot don't anymore, as they are parking out the front of the building at the top of Spring St

Was a bloody mess last time I walked past

Comment

I park at Mount Bay road all the time coming to work, I thought it would be pretty safe seeing there are always cyclists, joggers and traffic passing there...

Have anyone notice under the bridge there are some sort of garbage/cardboard piled up? I think some homeless guy is living there

Comment

Working...
                              X