Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backfiring

Hey guys

Does backfiring cause any damage to the bike? It doesn't happen very often but it's pretty loud when it does and only when I'm going down gears to slow.

Thanks

Are you sure it's backfiring and not just popping?

If the exhaust has a leak it will suck in air on over run and pop off any excess fuel, if the butterflies are closed then airflow is reduced and fueling richer...

You can blow the guts out of a muffler if it's really bad, try maintaining a small throttle opening and rev match the downshift, see if that has any effect otherwise check for vacuum and exhaust leaks.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Backfiring

I get some popping out of my akrapovic when I trail throttle on overrun.

I play with the throttle to make it happen as much as possible. I have been doing so since 2007, about 80,000km ago.

It's still fine. :-P

If you have some shitty can like a 2 brothers ymmv. :-P
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
        ..If you have some shitty can like a 2 brothers ymmv. :-P
        As a flag marshal I've observed that 2 bros cans also have a tendency to detach themselves at Wanneroo
        I'm looking for a beautiful woman with a sick mind.

Comment

Friends don't let friends buy 2 Bros.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
            I get some popping out of my akrapovic when I trail throttle on overrun.

I play with the throttle to make it happen as much as possible. I have been doing so since 2007, about 80,000km ago.

It's still fine. :-P

If you have some shitty can like a 2 brothers ymmv. :-P
            YaY ts not just me :grin:
            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Mine shoots flames on a regular basis, haven't noticed any damage because of it
              I love riding, especially yamamas

Comment

Working...
              X