Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluetooth Headset or Helmet? Opinions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Headset or Helmet? Opinions.....

Hi Gang,

I have finally installed my sat nav on the bike and have it wired up. Looking well I have to say! lol

Its a Garmin Zumo 400, and has music as well as the standard GPS on it. I cant hear it on the bike unless I plug headphones into it which is a pain. So I am thinking of getting something like the Interphone F5 XT Bike to Bike communications system which I could hook up to it. See link below, or else possibly get a helmet with built in Bluetooth connectivity.

Has anyone used the F5 or have a similar product which they could recommend same goes for the helmet. I am thinking the F5 may be better than a helmet because I could talk to my mates on theirs if they get one aswell.

thanks in advance,

Sambo

Rider Communications, Crossan Motorcycles Ltd
    Interphone F5 Bluetooth Communicator Review at RevZilla.com - YouTube

I've got a sena smh5-fm. Love it, awesome bit of kit

Haven't tried other kits, but if your mates have invested in the interphone and your getting one, then I'd get the same as your mates (Unless they all complain that its crap)

Comment

I have a Sena SMH10. It works great. I got it as that's what most seem to have in Perth so on rides you can link up. Also the big Jog dial was easy to use with gloves.

I did bit of a review here. The intercom is much better quality than phone to phone.

Comment

For work I use a Nolan N104 with the inbuilt Nolan B4 Bluetooth system. It works quite well with my Nav4 GPS and linked up with the older N84 2.1 Nolan system (Rider-Pillion) quite well. I personally use a BMW helmet with Schuberth Bluetooth and it works very well too, the speakers on the Nolan are slightly better and it also has an FM radio.

Comment

Ive got these Uclear 200, my wife and I use them for coms and they are great + no mike boom which is what sold me on them.
          cost you a little more than the sena ones and Helmet house have them as a stock item. Remember you can get a discount as a PSBer there

sigpic

Comment

Sena SMH10R has been serving me well for a few months now.
            life's short, play hard.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeRider View Post
              For work I use a Nolan N104 with the inbuilt Nolan B4 Bluetooth system. It works quite well with my Nav4 GPS and linked up with the older N84 2.1 Nolan system (Rider-Pillion) quite well. I personally use a BMW helmet with Schuberth Bluetooth and it works very well too, the speakers on the Nolan are slightly better and it also has an FM radio.
              I use the same system and love it, easy to operate and my phone works great with it, I do like the digital FM on it for when around town. a good bit of kit.
              If at first you don't succeed, dont bother taking up sky diving.
              This unit is portable when carried.
              it wasn't a normal cookie, i figured that out 45 minutes into my exam.

Comment

Originally posted by Samboleary View Post
                Its a Garmin Zumo 400
                Apparently this unit doesn't have bluetooth...

Comment

Anybody tried hooking up 4 to the smh10 so u can all talk at once?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepBotherer View Post
                    Apparently this unit doesn't have bluetooth...
                    Sena have an extra unit that fixes that

Comment

Originally posted by Mudfrog View Post
                      Anybody tried hooking up 4 to the smh10 so u can all talk at once?
                      We've had 3 going at the same time with no issues so I imagine 4 isn't going to be a problem
                      Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

Comment

Im with Whowalks. The Uclears are boss!
                        I love riding, especially yamamas

Comment

Originally posted by adam03957 View Post
                          I've got a sena smh5-fm. Love it, awesome bit of kit

Haven't tried other kits, but if your mates have invested in the interphone and your getting one, then I'd get the same as your mates (Unless they all complain that its crap)
                          Thanks man, I will look into it. Im new here to Perth so dont have any biking buddys here yet. My mate is toying with getting bike after Christmas so fingers crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by J.J View Post
                          I have a Sena SMH10. It works great. I got it as that's what most seem to have in Perth so on rides you can link up. Also the big Jog dial was easy to use with gloves.

I did bit of a review here. The intercom is much better quality than phone to phone.

Quality review man, now you have me wanting to get a Go-Pro aswell!!! lol I take it black edition there is the way to go? Also, in the full face helmet, is the bar not touching your lips while you ride the whole time and do you find it annoying. Also, have you used it on long spin's and found it comfortable / uncomfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by whowalks View Post
                            Ive got these Uclear 200, my wife and I use them for coms and they are great + no mike boom which is what sold me on them.
                            cost you a little more than the sena ones and Helmet house have them as a stock item. Remember you can get a discount as a PSBer there

This sounds good without having a mike up at your lips. Did you have to cut a piece out of your helmet to accommodate the earplugs? Also do they press against your ears in the helmet and become uncomfortable after a while? I think the bike to bike communication with your mates is a great idea and I like the way it can piggy back through other riders headsets to the guy you wana talk too. Do you ever get interference and start picking up taxi's and stuff like that when your riding around on it or how are they paired. Do you have to select a channel or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Samboleary View Post
                              Thanks man, I will look into it. Im new here to Perth so dont have any biking buddys here yet. My mate is toying with getting bike after Christmas so fingers crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Quality review man, now you have me wanting to get a Go-Pro aswell!!! lol I take it black edition there is the way to go? Also, in the full face helmet, is the bar not touching your lips while you ride the whole time and do you find it annoying. Also, have you used it on long spin's and found it comfortable / uncomfortable?
                              I have the black and a HD2. I would go the black.

The boom doesn't touch my lips, I forget its in there, but if all I had was full face I would get the wired mic and not the boom.

Comment

Working...
                              X