Neighbours and Sports bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours and Sports bikes

On my usual commute to work, I've started my bike and rode off down the road, short shifting and letting the choke control the throttle (as I do for my street keeping revs low)
    A few houses from mine I had a neighbor run out from her driveway and flag me down. (shouldn't have stopped, but anyway)
    She said I am thrashing it down the street, and if I didn't stop, she was going to call the police and had other neighbours who were going to do the same and get my bike impounded. I politely told her to do it, before awkwardly attempting to take off in 3rd (which gear I was in 50m from my driveway - further re-enforcing the short-shifting/low-rpms) She has then visited my house whilst I was at work at spoken to my parents and further said that she will be calling the police if I don't stop *sarcasm* idling down the road at xxxxkm/h (lol)

Now before you jump on the hate train/noisy pipe/argh damn young whippersnappers, I don't know many people with standard pipes on their bikes.

Should I worry about this? Should I put the stocker back on because I do not want a knock on the door from mr plod because old miss sooky up the road thinks I'm attempting to break land speed records on a cold engine, but also don't want to have a CBR600 with a stock pipe just because most people can't tell the difference between noise and speed.

Thoughts?

Organise a massive PSB ride starting from outside your place early one morning! Lmao

Comment

I should think Mr Plod has betterer things to do...
      faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

Spend the next week making as much noise as possible, rev the fuck out of it!! Then following week go back to ur current routine of keeping revs down an engine quiet.
        Mayb then she will realise ur trying to b quiet. Worse case scenario ur back where u started with an annoyed neighbour
        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Always a good thing to ride as quietly as you can in your own neighbourhood as a sign of respect or they're gunna get yah!

Comment

Tell her to get screwed. Lawn mowers are louder than bikes.. Encourage her to call the cops. They won't care, they know how to handle people like this.

Comment

Test the noise level. Is it under the legal limit? Print a copy of the results as proof and staple it to her ear.

Comment

Politely tell her to blow chunks.

Comment

hot?

Comment

Yeah mate just continue your standard routine if you get a visit (which is unlikely) explain how you get down the street before you flog the hell out of it.

Comment

As above, 1 week into our new house we had 2 sets of neighbours decide that me and the missis riding to work, 1 at about 6.30am and one at 7.30am was just the worst thing to happen to them ever so they rang the police and said we were revving our bikes early etc etc and basically the cops made the visit these 2 couples came rushing over just as they turned up and the police ask for my side of the story first, I explained what we do and why we have to do it and he basically told these 2 couples to stop wasting time and that 2 people trying to commute to and from work is better then the low life scum that don't work and would most likely break into your house, obviously our relationship with the neighbours is rather sour but hey fuck em, we always make sure we wave with over excitement when we see them now.
                      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

I must be blessed with good neighbours then. my DRZ and my ZX6r both have after market pipes, both with no baffles because I have a tiny penis and need to over compensate with a loud pipe. Even though the ZX6r has a blown engine now, but when it was still operational still applies. Never once have had a complaint, or nothing of the sort. No dirty looks, nothing at all. I leave to work about 7am ever morning. I don't give it shit down the street, as everyone knows, cold engines don't like being thrashed. But even my DRZ at low RPM is a popping gurgling grumpy cunt to listen to in the morning.
                        Work to ride, and ride to work.

Comment

I find shitting in letter boxes quiet effective in these sorts of matters.

Comment

Better you making a bit of noise for 30 seconds than having a "let it sit and warm up for 20 minutes before roaring off with pipes louder than a jet fighter and then blipping every up or down change for the next seemingly 10 km that you can hear them" harley riding neighbour.

Sounds like you should just ride off quickly, that way the noise is over and done with.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh93 View Post
                              On my usual commute to work, I've started my bike and rode off down the road, short shifting and letting the choke control the throttle (as I do for my street keeping revs low)
                              A few houses from mine I had a neighbor run out from her driveway and flag me down. (shouldn't have stopped, but anyway)
                              She said I am thrashing it down the street, and if I didn't stop, she was going to call the police and had other neighbours who were going to do the same and get my bike impounded. I politely told her to do it, before awkwardly attempting to take off in 3rd (which gear I was in 50m from my driveway - further re-enforcing the short-shifting/low-rpms) She has then visited my house whilst I was at work at spoken to my parents and further said that she will be calling the police if I don't stop *sarcasm* idling down the road at xxxxkm/h (lol)

Now before you jump on the hate train/noisy pipe/argh damn young whippersnappers, I don't know many people with standard pipes on their bikes.

Should I worry about this? Should I put the stocker back on because I do not want a knock on the door from mr plod because old miss sooky up the road thinks I'm attempting to break land speed records on a cold engine, but also don't want to have a CBR600 with a stock pipe just because most people can't tell the difference between noise and speed.

Thoughts?

OK.

1. Loud bike down the street, do as you are, don't worry about the shit.
                              2. Don't speed.
                              3. Keep doing what your doing.
                              4. Don't speed.

They can't do SHIT.

The best they can do is record you.

Next time you come down, make sure you rev the fuck out of it.

My neighbours complained as I'm running street slayer m4 pipe off my thou but now they are good. I sat with them showed them the loudness at idle and as I have a bunch of neighbour kids (<5 years old) and they all play out the front, skate ramp n shit in the middle of the road, I come around my corner to the cul-de-sac (which is just a park) hit the corner low, then idle in at 30-40km/h in first.

I get waves/high5's n even a good ol' cheer when I stoppie/wheelie in my driveway.

Fuck them. You have a bike, do what you want. You know having an aftermarket pipe puts you at risk of a canary, but who cares? It's a minor inconvenience.

Do what you want, they are probably just jealous anyway.
                              Originally posted by Rich...
                              You got me in trouble...

Comment

Working...
                              X