This ever happen to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ever happen to anyone?

So this has happened to me twice now....maybe the work car park is just shit?

Get a block of wood (thin - a coaster will do) or get a special stand prop from bike shops
    The next time it might be on its side :/

Comment

Wow..hot weather? Amazing it would just sink like that..

Comment

yup... the lil sticky outie bit usually saves them from sinkin' too far to fall
        faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

Yeah might try park somewhere else at work from now on....

Hopefully it won't sink enough to fall!

Comment

Originally posted by MJP View Post
            Wow..hot weather? Amazing it would just sink like that..
            nah, pretty common. Just need something under it to spread the weight.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Grab a Mud Bug... Work well for this sort of thing :-)
              sigpic

Comment

I had a near new 1985 BMW R65 that sunk into hot bitumen like that, and fell over. It was at Dog Swamp Shopping centre, from memory.

I still feel the pain and anguish sometimes to this day...

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                  nah, pretty common. Just need something under it to spread the weight.
                  Yeah right, good to know then..I used to carry a Pepsi max can (squashed flat) around when I knew I'd be parking on grass or something soft. but would never have expected the stand to sink through bitumen, learn something new everyday

- - - Updated - - -

Would/should the local council be liable for damage if bike was to fall over

Comment

Have a look at bike parking spots - you'll see all the indents there... of course, right where you want to put your stand ^_^

Comment

nice try mjp, but somehow i'm thunkin' they'd jus be gigglin' behind their hands like the rest of us
                      faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

you north or south of the river?

I have a side stand plate (mud bug) that you can have, as I don't have a road bike, and wont for the foreseeable future.
                        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

High temps will do it on anything with an asphalt base.
                          Find an old plough disk or something similar and throw it in your back pack.

Comment

Puk it
                            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                              Get a block of wood (thin - a coaster will do) or get a special stand prop from bike shops
                              The next time it might be on its side :/
                              i still have the block from the 2011 MAD ride under the pillion seat.

EDIT: if the sidestand sinks and you leave the bike there all day, the bitumen would cool and contract later in the evening, possibly trapping the bike in the road. permanent modern art installation.
                              Last edited by Bukefal; 12-12-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X