Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yz plastics

hey all

does any one in psb world own a yz450 05?

im building an smr out of an 03 WR 450 and want to buy black plastics for it, unfortunately theyre only available in the above model

i know theyre quite similar so i am hoping i can bring my plastics over to compare size and fitting, supposedly it can be done but i dont want to outlay the $200+ only then to find out they dont

cheers ric

one other thing if youve got a smr wr did u stick with stock gearing or did u change it, if so to what? NB this will be a streeter probably wont see much track time
    Last edited by orazzal; 17-12-2013, 07:59 AM.
    NEVER KNOWS BEST

have recently changed my gearing on my 07 wr450 from stock 50r to 42R which has lowered the cruising rpm to a more acceptable level.
    I have also spaced the sprockets to stop tyre rub. its an on going project as I'm not quite happy with it yet.
    "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

bump
      NEVER KNOWS BEST

Comment

You sure they are similar... The tank and shrouds are totally different. The rest I'm unsure but it is a steel frame on yours the alloy on the m/x

Comment

from what ive found so far the alloy frame is an 07 model whether thats 06/07 or 07/08 i dont know but the 05 is definitely steel frame

[MENTION=25836]Billy[/MENTION] cheers for the gearing advice
          NEVER KNOWS BEST

Comment

06 the yz went alloy.

Comment

Working...
            X