ZX9R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX9R

Ok, anyone here with a zx9r, the good, bad and the ugly reports guy's. Tell me what I have got myself into.
    Cheers

You will pull heaps of chics! [albeit all older than ya mum ]

Seriously though I am a fan of this bike. Kind of rough and ready looking but they still go well for a big,fat bastard.

I have been told some of the older ones with a few k's can have a gearbox issue [?], but the ones I have known never had a drama. Motor is strong and good for high k's.

Basically a strong, reliable bike that has many loyal fans. Pull up somewhere and somebody will own one or have had one.
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

yep awesome machines deceptively fast should have kept mine:-(

Comment

Skidz,

I have a 1999 Lime Green ZX9R with just over 50k on it and I absolutely love it! It's all stock but runs like a champ. Mind you, I'm not all that much into bending time and space thru mind boggling speed so its' acceleration definitely impresses me. I find the handling superb for a bike of its age. I can be doing 180km/hr on it and it feels no different than the handling at like 80 k. Transmission's a little clunky but I kinda like the shudder that goes through the entire frame after I shift since it lets me know I didn't miss.
        In terms or reliability, I haven't had any problems with it and I think if you do the routine maintenance on it, it should do right by you. Anyway, enjoy your bike man!!

Mark

Comment

[MENTION=26796]Kloun[/MENTION]

Comment

Cheers guy's, it has 41k on it so should be ok for a while I guess.
            All the reviews I have read gave it the thumbs up, especially the engine, that was the most talked about and also how comfortable it is to tour on.
            Still have one full week to go before I pick her up, man this going to be bloody long week.

Comment

I've got an '02 ZX9R, love it to bits. Very comfy, can do 8 hours on it with nothing more than a bit of a numb bum. Ride her through anything short of a torrential downpour and you still remain dry bar your helmet and 2 patches on the top of your thighs since the fairing does such a great job. Crosswinds have very little effect, and while she's a a heavy old girl, a bit of suspension tuning by local legend Marty Moose, and she'll be handling well enough for 99% of riders out there.

Stable as you like with no tendency to headshake, even without a steering dampener, she'll hold a line nicely. Wonderful torquey engine that will be a pleasure to cruise around with or go fast on your favourite country backroad. The tank is especially wide, but also holds enough fuel to do >300kms before a refill.

Fantastic bike.
              Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
              Originally posted by filbert
              it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

I ve had 2, both E models, last one had misfire issues, diagnosed by Gavin Carlini as shit fuel being left in the carbs for too long. From then onwards, at the end of a ride I turned the fuel tap off and let it stall, this seemed to help. The carbs were off a UK bike which may have had something to do with it. . Comfy, chunky and fast, I think they're underrated.
                Originally posted by lee
                motherfucking *facepalm* at half the stoopid motherfuckers in this thread not getting the point

Comment

Shit still 7 days to go before pickup !!

Comment

Originally posted by skidz View Post
                    Shit still 7 days to go before pickup !!
                    What year?

I had a '96...

Solid, do it all bike...

Bit porky...

Comment

I miss mine.

It's like a smaller more practical version of a zx12 with comfy grabrails for pillions.

make sure: a nice 180 on the rear, one up on the rear sprocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                        What year?

I had a '96...

Solid, do it all bike...

Bit porky...
                        Yeah Rich, she's a 96 model. Don't care if its a bit porky, it will match the rider then and only going to be used mainly as a high speed tourer.

Comment

I love mine.

Haven't had it for long, bought it 6 months ago with 125k on it. Just did a major service, nothing special, rock solid engine (gave headaches to the mechanics though, not used to the old school types anymore).
                          Mine's a bit modded, with a DynoJet and so on, the grunt is awesome (a friend of mine riding a CBR600RR summed it with a "she sounds tough, man!").

Still comfy for a sports bike (I guess by modern standards it could be considered between a sport and a sport-tourer). Definitely a big bike for me (5'10", 60kg) ;-)

Comment

I will be there about 10am next sat to pick up, is Mach1 in Wangarra any good as I need some new riding gear.

Comment

Miss you :-(
                              Originally posted by lee
                              motherfucking *facepalm* at half the stoopid motherfuckers in this thread not getting the point

Comment

Working...
                              X