painting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting help

so im attemoting to fix my plastics atm but when i sprayed the front cowling im getting this bubbling

it happened when i sprayed on the plastic primer and also when i sprayed on the filler putty

what step am i missing as this didnt happen on my left side fairing

cheers ric
    NEVER KNOWS BEST

Are u cleaning the parts with a wax and grease remover?
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

some sort of chemical /oil residue ?
      Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

What Topcoat and Primer did you use? looks like it might possibly be enamel over acrylic

Comment

Originally posted by Bombaman View Post
          What Topcoat and Primer did you use? looks like it might possibly be enamel over acrylic
          Enamel over acrylic tends to go more a tight crinkle pattern. This looks like some sort of oils or residue comin out of the plastics
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

hey [MENTION=17056]Bombaman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14387]Mr_Mike[/MENTION]

i used plastic primer and srpay on filler both rattle cans from repco, it starts as a tight crinkle and that might be just a shit photo.
            NEVER KNOWS BEST

Comment

the paint on those plastics can be sensitive,if you put any paint on them in wet full coats it can/will react just like your pic.

put the primer on in lighter coats and give it time to dry off in between coats.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

It appears that when you rubbed the original paint down you cut through the top coats then you applied your primer pretty wet and it got under the edges of the cut through areas! This used to be a problem with Eurocryl clear over base if you had to do a touch up on fresh clear the aggressive metallic base coat would fry the fresh clear.

If you rub it back to start again try using dry coats of primer to start with and let it dry between each coat. If not look for a sealer perhaps, this problem can be a nightmare.

Haven't been a pro painter for some years but your problem was very common back in the day.

If the original parts are not painted but just coloured plastic then ignore the above.

Well there you go beaten by Spud. At least we are on the same page.

Comment

cheers [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION] and [MENTION=33886]Far Q[/MENTION]
                  NEVER KNOWS BEST

Comment

hey guys one more quick question

how the fuc do i get this adhesive off? if tried metho, fuel, turps, shellite, accetone 100% and kero. all the other glues came of except for this one

i had the same problem with the suzuki sticker on the other side but i needed to sand it back anway to get rid of scratches, id like not to have to do that on this side

cheers
                    NEVER KNOWS BEST

Comment

get some wax and grease remover from an auto parts shop.

soak a rag with it and leave it on for 10 mins.

use fingernail to scrape off, keep at it and keep the rag on it.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

cheers [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION] i was using my nail but i thought there had to be an easier way, fuc

thanks again
                        NEVER KNOWS BEST

Comment

Working...
                        X