Parking Infringement Fremantle Gota Love them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Infringement Fremantle Gota Love them

Well I am not sure if anyone else has noticed the reduction of motorcycle parking bays in Fremantle with the parking bay remarking of each area it seems there is a reduction of 50% each time they paint to then provide 1 more Cage bay.

I also notice that there is a number of motorcycles (well little scooters mostly) filling a number of the limited motorcycle bays and remain there all day.

I have spoke to one person the owner of a lovely postie reject who works in the Town Hall Centre and as I frequent Freo (well use to now questioning my visitation) these bikes fill the limited spots for 8 hours.

I know there is going to be reply that to change this means limits or even parking cost, but honestly a private permanent parking spot for city employees is not any better.

I parked next to the bays that were filled by permanent city staff and go figure I get a $80 parking fine today so do love the revenue I now provide to Freo.

Well open for flaq

Cheers
    Alan

The GF likes visiting freo so we go there a few times on the bike, I usually park in front of the pub near cash converters and jewellers where there are 3 motorcycle bays and they have no time limit.

We walk through the car park towards the fremantle markets and asian food court and I always see a couple of super motos and a scooter parked in the corner next to a post where no bays are indicated.
    - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Freo is the one place where I never had any trouble finding a bike bay.

So to protest about bad parking, you parked badly?

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
        Freo is the one place where I never had any trouble finding a bike bay.

So to protest about bad parking, you parked badly?
        I have already stated I parked off the bay, so yes may have parked badly and for this it cost me $80.

But seems you may not have noticed the rest of my discussion or you have not noticed the permanent parked cycles or reduction in bays,

well I do
        Last edited by Bustter21; 18-12-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

It might be because I don't like going to Freo and don't go there often, but in the areas that I do go to when I ride there, I've noticed more bike bays than normal.

Never had a problem getting a spot, even if it means that I need to walk for an extra minute or two.

Comment

I haven't parked a bike in Freo in the last 18 months but I used to live there and in the past you were allowed to park in car bays, so long as you bought a ticket if required. ergo - lack of motorcycle bays isn't a problem. Of course, this may have changed recently.

Comment

^^^
              I e-mailed them ages ago, and they confirmed that it's OK to park in car bays. Mind you, that was quite a while ago - so things could have changed.
              "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                ^^^
                I e-mailed them ages ago, and they confirmed that it's OK to park in car bays. Mind you, that was quite a while ago - so things could have changed.
                Still the case id say. . We had 4 bikes in 1 car bay opp clancys and watched the inspector start writing a ticket, we asked if we could buy 1 ticket between us and she said no probs

Comment

I tend to use my card rather than cash, so if my ticket blows away, or is pinched, I have a record on a bank statement to show I bought a parking ticket. But yes, the bays in Fremantle across from Sandrino's & Gino's on Nairn St are disappearing
                  Originally posted by Skut
                  ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

What's wrong with parking there for 8 hours a day? Are you jealous that you didn't get there in time?

First in best dressed and all that.

Comment

Motorbike parking is quite a frigging deal, eh? Thank Gawd I don't work in l'city. There aren't many places available in either Perth or Freo and you also really need to know where to look for the designated spots nowadays.
                      I do remember Perth having a m/bike bay at the end of nearly every block of car bays. You simply rode up past the cars and BINGO there was a m/c bay. If it was taken, you tried again on the other side of the intersection.
                      What are the answers then?
                      Large parking areas, like at Mounts Bay Rd, seem to attract thieving pricks. The small ones are hard to locate.
                      I don't think it is relevant to suggest that bays are taken up by 'little scooters'. When it comes to parking, all bikes are equal.
                      Justine.... Always and Forever

Comment

2 wheels is 2 wheels.

Comment

I just park near Ginos on the footpath no probs
                          I think they should make Market street bikes only.I think you would get support from the locals ,they always seam to come over to check the bikes out.
                          Last edited by kennn; 18-12-2013, 08:53 PM.
                          “When I'm good I'm good. When I'm bad I'm better" The Devil on my right shoulder an Angel on my left.

Comment

Yep, you can be lucky for a long time
                            Originally posted by Skut
                            ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

Freo is a hole. Last time I was there I watched a man take a shit in the middle of the park across from the train station.

**EDIT- And I'm from Midland.

Comment

Working...
                              X