A Christmas Miracle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Christmas Miracle

I had a feeling today was going to be unusual.
    It all started early this morning, when I almost trod on a 12 cm scorpion on the brick paving about a metre from the back door. Good thing I found it, and not one of several small furry animals that live here.
    Little did I know I was about to experience a real 'Christmas Miracle' only an hour or two later.

Flash back to November 23rd, during [MENTION=17562]Spook[/MENTION]'s LPSWT ride, when I made an unscheduled dismount after successfully negotiating a patch of gravel only to be halted abruptly by a soggy roadside ditch.
    Very low-speed off, but annoying as fuck since the (purely cosmetic) damage added up to several fairing panels (and graphics) on one side needing replacement.
    Went to see [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION] and quickly realised that I might as well put an insurance claim in, because even doing it on the cheap was still going to cost me at least 5-600 clams anyway.

Hooray for Shannon's, who let you choose your own accredited repairer. Must have been over a week before I actually lodged the claim with them, given that my insurance cover was only paid up til November 20 and I thought it best to be up to date before I went any further (thankfully they are legally obliged to extend your cover for 21 days, even if you haven't officially renewed it yet). Less than a week later, Niall calls me to ask who I know at Shannon's - because the claim has been approved and he's now free to order the necessary parts. Even so, at this point it seems highly unlikely that they will arrive and repairs will be completed before mid January at the earliest.

Hooray for Joondalup Suzuki as well.
    Niall calls me again this morning to tell me everything he ordered has arrived, and would I like my bike back in time for Christmas?
    One black Hayabusa is delivered to straightline2ten HQ a short time later for some much needed TLC.

But wait, there's more...
    Not only has the Shannon's/Straightline2ten collective undertaken to have my bike all fixed and shiny again just 4 weeks after the incident, but Niall being the absolute legend that he is has even given me a bit of breathing space to come up with the balance of the $500 excess that I can't lay my hands on immediately - mainly because I had budgeted for a much longer interim period, and expected Christmas (Bah, Humbug!) to have come and gone in that time as well.
    Shannon's originally advised me that I would have to pay them before they would clear [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION]'s invoice for the repair work. One call from the Paint Ninja and it's all sorted in my favour!

So I ask you: does that qualify as a Christmas Miracle?
    I say OH YEAH, BABY!!
    Thanks again for everything Niall, you are a true gentleman mate.
    I'm looking for a beautiful woman with a sick mind.

Wow - Its not often a man like that is still in business these days. And although I don't know him personally, it goes to show what a good guy Potato must be. Good work.

Comment

Great news about your bike.

As for the Scorpions, where are you located so I can notify the authorities to organize the carpet bombing of the area? It's the only way to be sure with these things.

Comment

Shannon's and Potato have been fantastic to deal with over our car. No hassles from Shannon's and Niall has ordered the parts.
        Yes it unfortunately seems to be a miracle to get this great service. Straightline2ten is a business that deserves the praise that it receives here.

Comment

'ken oath mate. Besides the fact that Niall's an all-round nice bloke, I'm hardly surprised that his business seems to be staying afloat without too many problems.
          Of course it sucks that so many people have to bin their shit to discover this, but I defy anybody here to come up with a better alternative.

except yeah, maybe not binning your shit in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
            Great news about your bike.

As for the Scorpions, where are you located so I can notify the authorities to organize the carpet bombing of the area? It's the only way to be sure with these things.
            I reckon if you do a couple good runs from North of Hepburn Ave through to say, Lancelin, we could all sleep a lot safer in our beds, Mister

Comment

Nice work [MENTION=13244]harpo marxman[/MENTION], doesn't get much better than that!!
              K7 Hayabusa
              2001 KX 500

Comment

great to hear you have had a positive experience with us, not many speak about the positives.. just goes to show how important it is to have choice of repairer

merry christmas

Comment

A Miracle you say!
                  Not even close I say!
                  That is normal Straight Line to Ten service right there
                  RR VRT #100
                  Sponsors Wanted.
                  Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                  A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Originally posted by robwas View Post
                    A Miracle you say!
                    Not even close I say!
                    That is normal Straight Line to Ten service right there

Shame about potato 's dodgey moustache tho...
                    yes, i am ignorant
                    yes, i am a prick
                    no, i don't care
                    you make me sick

Comment

Working...
                    X