Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots

Hi guys, looking at purchasing new set of boots and I'm interested if anyone has the Alpinestars s-mx2 boots?

Alpinestars

What kind of riding will you mainly be doing in them?

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post
      What kind of riding will you mainly be doing in them?
      By the looks of the ones in the link, bareback

Alpine stars have the same problem I have found that just about every other euro made shoe has they are made for long skinny feet, if you have the typical Australian Rossi Blundstone foot you might find you end up out to clown shoe size before you get enough width. So definitely a try before you buy, the other issue is the main thing you want out of a motorcycle boot is protection of your ankle bone to stop it been worn away not sure if those boots come up far enough.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Why can't we get custom motorcycle racing boots.
        You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
          By the looks of the ones in the link, bareback

Alpine stars have the same problem I have found that just about every other euro made shoe has they are made for long skinny feet, if you have the typical Australian Rossi Blundstone foot you might find you end up out to clown shoe size before you get enough width. So definitely a try before you buy, the other issue is the main thing you want out of a motorcycle boot is protection of your ankle bone to stop it been worn away not sure if those boots come up far enough.
          These boots actually come up far enough to cover the ankle, i bought some recently for when i cbf putting proper boots on. I'll still wear the full length when i'm out for shenanigans but for casual rides to pub etc i see these as a better option than skate shoes.
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

i got some - wear em to office job everyday i ride - fairly comfortable - cover the ankle and a wide fitting boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post

Alpine stars have the same problem I have found that just about every other euro made shoe has they are made for long skinny feet, if you have the typical Australian Rossi Blundstone foot you might find you end up out to clown shoe size before you get enough width.
              Any recommendations for boots that cater for those of us with wide feet?

Comment

I have wide feet and my Sidi's fit really nicely. (usually a size 12 / 4E in Asics runners as a reference)

Personally I like the Sidi's Vortice the best - why? If you do have an off you can just by replacement bits instead of new boots, or you can refurbish them at some point if you want. Yep they are a bit expensive, but worth every cent IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
                  I wear Joe Rocket Meteors as my daily use boots, pretty wide and comfy.
                  For wider race style boots I found RST to be OK. My main issue is wide feet and GIANT calves. With my leathers on, I can barely do up my current pair of TCX S-Race. Probably switching to SIDI next time.
                  If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

I have 2 pairs of A* boots SMX-1 and SM-1 both is size 10.5 and they fit my super wide feet fine
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

It's weird that the Alpinstars didnt fit me though - I have heard a heap of people say they are good for people with wide feet, I needed a size 14 just to get my feet in and by that stage they were way to long.

Comment

I've got some Sidi Xpods which aren't as bad as others but I wouldn't go so far to say they are actually good. Rossi still do their range of more traditional motorcycle boots if that fits in with what you want. Haven't tried the Andy Straps Forma but might be worth looking into as most of his stuff while pricey is good maybe others have found a better solution.
                        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Cheers for the advice on wider boots.

Curse these wide feet and giant calves!

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                            It's weird that the Alpinstars didnt fit me though - I have heard a heap of people say they are good for people who think they have wide feet,
                            Fixed! no you are not the only one it may also depend on how high your instep is some boots are wide but flat can even gets those suckers on my feet.

Comment

Originally posted by bungknee View Post
                              i got some - wear em to office job everyday i ride - fairly comfortable - cover the ankle and a wide fitting boot.
                              How are they walking around the office all day? or do you swap them when you get to work?

Comment

Working...
                              X