Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas message from me.

Fellow riders-

I don't give a f*ck what you ride. As long as you enjoy it. I really don't care.
    Learn to be safe. Learn to anticipate what that blue gemini is going to do, or that tradesman eating his pie while changing from 3rd to 4th. Know you see that they haven't seen you in the mirrors. Just power in front of them. Do whatever makes you happy. But be safe.

I'm in the unenviable position of often getting to crash scenes before most other people. Not including paramedics and emergency services. They do a fucking amazing job. If you're inclined to say grace for that turkey and ham on the 25th, how about mentioning a thanks to the fine people who work long hours away from their own families to ensure that you, your brother, father, daughter, has the best possible chance of making it through to another christmas lunch. And the one after that. And so on.

We often forget the sacrifice so many people take over these breaks. We're too busy with our Coopers and trying to figure out the god-damn AUX input on the stereo to run the patio speakers... or whether Uncle Frank can indeed take another 6 pack.

DON'T. FUCKING. DRIVE. DRUNK. ... FFS

The amount of cyclists I've seen... shoes and lunch, parts, strewn over the road. A driver in shock. Friends and family frozen in disbelief. The screams. The screams are the worst. As many others on this forum would know.

I'm working all through christmas. It is not my job to save people. But I will be there. And I will help if I can, but my skills are limited.

And believe me. You're all a great bunch of people. But I don't want to see any of you over the next two weeks.

Ride safe. Be vigilant. Don't let your pissed mate get on his motorbike. I would love a nice, relaxing day in an office this christmas. For once. And a nice relaxing, joyous filled christmas for you and your family. Look after each other.

I'm not a paramedic or emergency services officer. Just a simple man who follows them around. I'd rather not have to go anywhere. So be safe.

Merry Xmas
    Last edited by SIKYSA; 21-12-2013, 05:33 AM.

Amen to that.

Happy Festivus.

Comment

Have a good one mate and hopefully you won't be required to pick anyone off the road for the rest of this year at least.
      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Mind me asking what you do?
        Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
        1985 - 2009

Comment

Well said, there are many who work over this period including the volunteers, fire fighters, ambulances in the country with volunteers.

While we put it on the police a lot they have to attend these crash scenes put up with drunks and family bust ups. Not an easy job.
          I spent three years getting to crashes first and PTSD is a word you learn as it all catches up on you.

Comment

To the guys that do that sort of job a serious question does it make you think twice about riding?

Comment

Originally posted by p4p1 View Post
              To the guys that do that sort of job a serious question does it make you think twice about riding?
              Nope
              If you keep trying to explain it with logic and facts you will possibly end up hurting your sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p1 View Post
                No. With a disclaimer makes me think more about riding with Christmas traffic.

41 years ago tomorrow after late night Christmas Shopping I was taken out by a U turn car on State Highway One in NZ. Impact speed into the side of the car was 80 kph and it hurt a lot. I was left lying in the dark after going over the car and onto two lanes on the wrong side of the road.

Unable to move and in extreme pain I was left there in the dark as the car driver and his passenger moved the car to later lie about the whole thing in court. Legs would not move and one hand broken I used my left hand to get my helmet off and throw it up the road to try and warn the approaching car that I was on the road.

I get a bit worried about this time of the year mixing with Christmas shoppers and drink drivers. Moral of the story,

do not have a crash with the Justice of the Peace who sat on the court bench in a small towns son.

Don't have a crash where the investigating police are personal friends and church members with the driver. Expect the wrong charge to be laid by said police. Yes a minor offence!

Do not have a crash with influential families, the lying passengers family on Air NZ magazine in 1984. The drivers uncle the previous mayor. Expect the news paper reporter to leave the room for just this case. Well Dad owned a Big business and there was advertising to consider.

Expect the driver and passenger to learn parrot fashion what they will say in court WRITTEN by the JP from that court. I know who typed it out the JPs secretary told me.

Then listen to the magistrate tell the driver after his lies were exposed in court that "you nearly killed the motorcyclist". "I am imposing no fine and court costs of five dollars!"
                Last edited by Graelin; 21-12-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

I also learn't long ago to never ride my bike during the Xmas/New Year break. I knew there where others out there like me but how many I didn't have a clue. Got caught in a traffic jam in the car on Ocean Reef Rd during the week and straight away I said to the misses "oh please don't let it be a motorcyclist" unfortunately you know the answer to that!

Be safe people and trust no one on the road over the break... They are all fucking mad at this time of the year....

Comment

Yep myself and [MENTION=7912]pottz[/MENTION] went for a last blast for the year Thursday ( yes it was a pleasant ride thanx for asking ) and now the road bike is parked up till the fuckwits return to work.

Track day tomorrow and on the 5th to get me through the withdrawals

Ride safe everyone and hopefully see most of u at Barbs getting a fix.
                    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                      No. With a disclaimer makes me think more about riding with Christmas traffic.

Then listen to the magistrate tell the driver after his lies were exposed in court that "you nearly killed the motorcyclist". "I am imposing no fine and court costs of five dollars!"
                      Sad to learn that 'blind justice' so often means that she's blind to the extent to which the lying, scheming, conniving 'establishment' will go to protect their own. Also sad to see them get away with an official slap on the wrist even when they are shown as the spineless, gutless, scum they are.

Was a time, when everyone believed in a just and all-seeing god, that their victims could at least have the consolation that their sins would catch up with them in a court they couldn't buy ... now, most of us are left without even that.

sorry mate.
                      yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Originally posted by mstriumph View Post
                        Sad to learn that 'blind justice' so often means that she's blind to the extent to which the lying, scheming, conniving 'establishment' will go to protect their own. Also sad to see them get away with an official slap on the wrist even when they are shown as the spineless, gutless, scum they are.

Was a time, when everyone believed in a just and all-seeing god, that their victims could at least have the consolation that their sins would catch up with them in a court they couldn't buy ... now, most of us are left without even that.

sorry mate.
                        It gets even better,
                        I could not drive for three months, so in effect I was disqualified, no disqualification on driver although the same court disqualified others for non injury similar offences.

I could not ride for five months, My first ride on my new bike hand still in bandage, the same two guys saw me, except the driver and passenger swapped. They repeatedly and deliberately slammed on the brakes to attempt to make me crash into them from behind. In effect they deliberately tried to injure or kill me.

My Mum and Dad physically removed the axe from me that day.

Oh yes the insurance company did not just replace the damaged front mudguard, his whole car re sprayed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                          Towie??
                          "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                            It gets even better,
                            I could not drive for three months, so in effect I was disqualified, no disqualification on driver although the same court disqualified others for non injury similar offences.

I could not ride for five months, My first ride on my new bike hand still in bandage, the same two guys saw me, except the driver and passenger swapped. They repeatedly and deliberately slammed on the brakes to attempt to make me crash into them from behind. In effect they deliberately tried to injure or kill me.

My Mum and Dad physically removed the axe from me that day.

Oh yes the insurance company did not just replace the damaged front mudguard, his whole car re sprayed as well.
                            That's pretty fucked mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                              Personal injury lawyer?
                              One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                              X