Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem at dealership

Hi

So I put my bike in for a recall for the mc and asked them to code a spare key I had at the same time. I only have one key. The key I gave them is a genuine blank key that has never been coded and I got cut myself.

They then ring me and tell me that the blank key has now wiped the code from the ECM and original key and the bike won't start.

Dealer said they have done this hundreds of times and only had this problem once when someone gave them a cheap blue eBay key not a genuine suzuki key like I have gave them.

They got the auto sparky to come and have a look at it but hasn't been able to work it out. As it's Xmas etc I'm sure they are understaffed but it's been there since Thursday morning.

It sounds to me like the fucked something up or lost the data connection to the ECM while trying to code the key.

They are how talking about coming to a compromise with myself about getting the ECM flashed or something. I told them that I won't be paying for a thing. I was quoted $30 for the key to be coded and that was it.

I gave them the bike running with a coded key and now I have a bike that won't start and 2 keys and a ECM that are now blank. How is this my problem?

Anyone had this fault before or have any input on this?

Thanks.

The dealership shall remain nameless.

It sounds as simple as you're saying it is. How could the BLANK key wipe it?

My cbr600 did something similar - stopped recognising the keys which meant HISS wouldn't turn off. Michael from Carmo Electrics sorted me out. For that problem, dealers say it's new ECM time - $$$$. Michael sorted me out a LOT cheaper than the thousands they were talking.

I'd stick to your guns as you seem to be - you provided them with a key & they quoted the service. It's on them if they fucked that service up

If you do get stuck, Michael - 0478 560 160

Comment

[MENTION=7479]rharris[/MENTION] might have some knowledge.

Comment

I'll be sure to pass the number onto the dealership and they can pay him .

I mean if they messed up and where honest about it then fine. They won't admit that though.

I doubt they have even looked at tbh and being understaffed won't help.

Comment

Carmo Electrics is where your bike needs to go to be sorted out Michael a great guy to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by rharris View Post
            Carmo Electrics is where your bike needs to go to be sorted out Michael a great guy to deal with
            The dealer said they has their sparky onto it, I will see what they say on Monday and I will put the suggestion forward to them About Carmo electronics and see what they wanna do from there. As far as I'm concerned I shouldn't be paying for a thing.

Comment

Thats a new one...the key wiped your ecm memory...what next?? the air you put in the tyres caused the motor to seize?? if you dont have any luck I would be telling them you intend to contact Suzuki Japan over such a pathetic excuse for something they have fucked up.
              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
                Thats a new one...the key wiped your ecm memory...what next?? the air you put in the tyres caused the motor to seize?? if you dont have any luck I would be telling them you intend to contact Suzuki Japan over such a pathetic excuse for something they have fucked up.
                That's my thought exactly. I wouldn't mind if they just said they made a Mistake and will sort it at their cost. I'm fine with that.

Comment

You can prove the key is the real deal ?
                  REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                  (anarchy in english )

Comment

Problem at dealership

Originally posted by shan View Post
                    You can prove the key is the real deal ?
                    The dealer told me the key is genuine and has never been coded before. He said he can tell if it's been coded and it hasn't that's why it's blank he said.

He said if it wasn't a genuine key he wouldn't have attempted to code it in the first place. Due to the previous problem he has had with the fake/ cheap eBay key from another customer.

Comment

Sorry mate I understand where your coming from, but can you prove the key is genuine .
                      the dealers words ay well prove to be just that, words.

it dose sound to me like they fucked up, a reflash should not be that hard BTW.
                      litraly minuets to do it, unless they fried the ECU that is.

i hope it works out fr you mate.
                      REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                      (anarchy in english )

Comment

Sorry mate I understand where your coming from, but can you prove the key is genuine .
                        the dealers words ay well prove to be just that, words.

it dose sound to me like they fucked up, a reflash should not be that hard BTW.
                        litraly minuets to do it, unless they fried the ECU that is.

i hope it works out fr you mate.
                        I could prove the key is genuine but not using a receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by HAGG!S View Post
                          I could prove the key is genuine but not using a receipt.
                          Faire call
                          i find if I think I am going into a discrepancy of any kind it's a good idea too,
                          cover every base, be ready to prove your case at all levels and stand your ground.
                          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Faire call
                            i find if I think I am going into a discrepancy of any kind it's a good idea too,
                            cover every base, be ready to prove your case at all levels and stand your ground.
                            I know where your coming from mate. I work at a dealership so I know what's involved and what I need to do.

Comment

So I went to the dealership today and it turns out that they have ready sent the keys and ECM to Carmo electronics.

See what happens from there I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X