Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a new disc rotor today (24th)

Hey guys,

My disc rotor is bent, so much so that I have to pump the brake lever 2-3 times to get the brake pads to engage. Am I SOL on finding a rotor on such short notice?

Mind you I don't know how rotors work, are they bike specific or are they generally generic? I'll probably get flamed for this, but is it possible to press it and bend it into relative shape for the time being?

The only reason I'm so desperate on finding a new rotor is because the bike is my only form of transport, and I can't really wait until the 10th or so of Jan to get one with work and a uni exam coming up.

Cheers,

Only thing I can add is I'm pretty sure pressing won't be an option and I suspect most will be bike specific..

Comment

Today is the 23rd. What bike is it?

Comment

Going to struggle I reckon. Try all the dealers for whatever model bike you have and try the wreckers.
        The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Starting ringing everywhere, including over East...

Find one and get it air bagged to you...

Comment

Give motorcycle masters a call, they might have a set off secondhandys to get you through and are very reasonable

Comment

During this time of year... I doubt you'll get one before you're signing things with 2014 on them.

Bike is a Daytona 675 I'm guessing. Rotors are bike specific (but sometimes shared across several models) and depending on some aftermarket brands are also directional. Diameter and offset all play a part.

While you're at it... go for an upgrade;
              Brembo T Drive Front Floating Rotors Triumph Daytona 675 675R Street Triple 675 | eBay
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Here are two over east.

Metal Gear

Team Show and Go Australia
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

The rotors on the new model('13) are different from previous models. Not only are they thicker but I'm sure they have an ABS ring. Don't go the previous model because they are thin(4mm) and very prone to warping.

I'd go and see if one of the dealerships is willing to remove one from a bike in the store until a replacement arrives.
                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                    I'd go and see if one of the dealerships is willing to remove one from a bike in the store until a replacement arrives.
                    That would be a first. Dealers are very reluctant to part out new bikes, as the wait on parts for them is just as bad as it is for us.
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

If it is for a Daytona I have a new unused set of these you can have for $120. I think they cost me $230 delivered. They will get you mobile and there are enough reviews to suggest the chinese discs are fine on the road, but I went down the $650 brembo path for the track.

If you have warped your discs with what would need to be very hard road riding and repeated hard braking from speed, then go the Brembo. The brake discs for the Triumph 675 are very specific, so replacements are limited.

2X 308mm Front Round Brake Disc Rotor Triumph Daytona 675 Street Triple 675 R | eBay

edit - I think Mr Bean has answered the question if it is a 13....although it raises the question, how the hell did you warp them? You sure you don't have air in the system?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                        That would be a first. Dealers are very reluctant to part out new bikes, as the wait on parts for them is just as bad as it is for us.
                        Id also be rather pissed to find out a dealer had the workshop monkey pulling my brand new bike to pieces and scavenging parts off it and still selling it as new. Everytime they touch it there is the potential for them to cock something up.
                        The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

During this time of year... I doubt you'll get one before you're signing things with 2014 on them.

Bike is a Daytona 675 I'm guessing. Rotors are bike specific (but sometimes shared across several models) and depending on some aftermarket brands are also directional. Diameter and offset all play a part.

While you're at it... go for an upgrade;
                          Brembo T Drive Front Floating Rotors Triumph Daytona 675 675R Street Triple 675 | eBay
                          I'm very happy with the upgrade to T-Drives on the track bike but I found it pretty hard to find someone that would ship to Australia that had a website in english. In the end Superbike Toy Store helped me out. They don't list every available size on the website so if you can't find it ( like the K6 Gixxer 600's I needed ) just chuck them a PM ( They are a site sponsor ) and they will get them in.

Just be aware with the current exchange rate they won't be cheep and you won't have them tomorrow ( Especially over x-mas ) but they were pretty quick.
                          The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

I got mine out of Italy... 4 days shipping form Naples to Perth. And about $200 cheaper than form the US. Chuffed I was!

Comment

I got mine out of Italy... 4 days shipping form Naples to Perth. And about $200 cheaper than form the US. Chuffed I was!
                              Lucky you
                              The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X