Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help - need a Suzuki clutch lever in Albany

Hi there,

I am currently touring with my partner as a holiday around the south west on a pair of Suzuki Bandits. A lady in a 4WD pulled out in front of me on the main drag in town and whilst I saw and responded, due to the hill I dropped the bike on its left side, shearing off the clutch lever. Thankfully other than a wobbly front indicator and a few new scratches this appears to be the only real damage.

My Bandit is a 2012 1250SA and my partners bandit is a 2001 and we can switch the levers fine. I think I've been told a Hyabusa would do just as well although I don't know enough about other bikes to know if other substitutes would work too.

My partner visited four bike shops and none of them had a spare clutch lever. We did try jury rigging something with a Ducati lever but it really isn't the right size. The guy who owns the B&B we are staying at is having a go in his shed right now to try and do something with the broken lever and a drill and a long bolt. We have temporarily stashed my partners bike at a friends house here in town and we need to move to Denmark tomorrow as we have paid for accommodation there. If we can't come up with a better plan, we will just have to take my bike since it has the luggage rack and one of us will have to be pillion.

Is there anyone in Albany or close by with either a spare Suzuki clutch lever or someone who wasn't planning to ride their bike in the next two weeks who would be willing to sell me their clutch lever tonight or tomorrow? The dealer in town said he could get a new one in around Jan 6th and I'm willing to pay for the inconvenience caused.

If you are able to help, please PM me and I will send you my phone number.

Many thanks!
    -- No scars, no proof. --

[MENTION=30597]Aufitt[/MENTION] ?
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Try Morgans Motorcycles (Albany Triumph) tomorow,
      but I've got spare Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha ones here at home, (welcome to see whats compatible)

PM sent

Comment

I have one but no where near you, :-(
        I'm North of Perth!!! But can happily post it to an address of your choice if it's helps?!

Hope you get sorted!

Comment

I am driving down to Albany tomorrow night to visit friends. If you purchase a lever from Witch Suzuki in Rockingham (if they have any instock), I will pick it up and bring it down with me. If that interests you PM me and we'll work something out.
          Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

Thank you Rock. We are meeting Aufitt tomorrow to try some of the levers he has spare and if we can't source something between that and the others we have hunting around the country side, I will keep that as a much appreciated backup plan!

Comment

I've got a set of aftermarket adjustable levers that came off a GSX1400 sitting in the shed (Kallaroo).
              They're yours if they'll fit. I've sent you a PM with contact details.

Comment

If you can't find anything to fit and there is something left of the lever go to the local hardware/toolshop/bunnings and get a pair of these

Will get you around until you can get the correct one.
                Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

Comment

I believe those only help if you have a cable clutch and mine is a hydraulic clutch

Thank you everyone for helping out! Thankfully Auffit showed us how to hotwire the bike so our juryrigged replacement actually worked and Rock is bringing me a new lever that we can pick up tomorrow.

Comment

Good ol' PSB. You guys rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X