Bikes will be charged $2 at Train Station Parking from July 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikes will be charged $2 at Train Station Parking from July 2014

Just had it confirmed via email from the Public Transport Authority.

Our lovely Liberal State Govt as you may have heard last year, announced everyone parking at a train station car-park will be charged $2 per day (or part thereof) from July 1 2014.

Free train station parking abolished by WA Government in 2013 budget - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Paid parking to be introduced at all park and ride facilities at train station

I wanted to check on the status of Bikes for the charges (hoping they would still be free, or at least a lesser amount).

But NO, the Minister of Transport has decided Bikes/Scooters will also be charged $2 a day, even though they take up 1/4 of the space of a car.

Over a year (250 working days in 2013), that $2 a day is $10 a week. $500 a year.

This will not only increase congestion and pollution, but also hit motorcycle/scooter sales, as one of the benefits was having free parking at stations.

I've started a change.org petition. Please view, sign if you agree, and spread the word.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...ng-at-stations
    Stop the Train Parking charge!
    http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...ng-at-stations

Originally posted by storm View Post
    Just had it confirmed via email from the Public Transport Authority.

Our lovely Liberal State Govt as you may have heard last year, announced everyone parking at a train station car-park will be charged $2 per day (or part thereof) from July 1 2014.

Free train station parking abolished by WA Government in 2013 budget - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Paid parking to be introduced at all park and ride facilities at train station

I wanted to check on the status of Bikes for the charges (hoping they would still be free, or at least a lesser amount).

But NO, the Minister of Transport has decided Bikes/Scooters will also be charged $2 a day, even though they take up 1/4 of the space of a car.

Over a year (250 working days in 2013), that $2 a day is $10 a week. $500 a year.

This will not only increase congestion and pollution, but also hit motorcycle/scooter sales, as one of the benefits was having free parking at stations.

I've started a change.org petition. Please view, sign if you agree, and spread the word.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...ng-at-stations
    Will there be some sort of security provided to protect the now paying publics property from the states scum for their contribution to the coffers?
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Corona 221 View Post
      Will there be some sort of security provided to protect the now paying publics property from the states scum for their contribution to the coffers?
      As far as I can gather, the only thing the govt is interested in is recruiting some more parking inspectors to go around and make sure everyone pays their $2 a day. Not sure how you can prove you bought a ticket when you can't guarantee they will stay on the bike anyway (weather, stolen by someone for their car).

I understand the need to charge for the parking, but to charge a bike the same as a car is a joke imho and is discriminatory.
      Stop the Train Parking charge!
      http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...ng-at-stations

Comment

As far as I can gather, the only thing the govt is interested in is recruiting some more parking inspectors to go around and make sure everyone pays their $2 a day. Not sure how you can prove you bought a ticket when you can't guarantee they will stay on the bike anyway (weather, stolen by someone for their car).

I understand the need to charge for the parking, but to charge a bike the same as a car is a joke imho and is discriminatory.
        how is it discrimination? 1 person 1 vehicle, that argument could be said for a mini vs a landcruiser, they should have motorcycle dedicated parking for free or discounted but we shall see
        Master of the missed signals

Comment

Signed.
          Have a good one.

Comment

You wouldn't fix a ticket to the bike, they will install parking meters, you'll pay for the bay and the meter will show expired or valid.

I don't have a problem with this. Claiming this two dollar increase in parking for a tiny percentile of the riding population will hurt bike sales is a totally bonkers serious stretch.

Waaah, waaah, I'm a victim. Am I doing it right?
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

What are you getting for your $2 though? Sweet f.a I bet. They could increase security at these car parks and people probably wouldn't mind paying the fee.

Comment

Just move scooter boys toy and move in on the paid up meter

Comment

Guess they haven't visited any of these carparks except for rocko and warnbro your lucky to get a spot to park. Most are parking on the verge.
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I don't have a problem with paying for parking - bike, car or otherwise. It's only $2 ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by HAGG!S View Post
                      What are you getting for your $2 though?
                      A convenient spot to park your motorcycle.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

Singed.

I am a firm believer moto/scooter parking should be free, everywhere, period.
                        Originally posted by boeman
                        Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                        Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                        Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                          A convenient spot to park your motorcycle.
                          You where getting that anyway before having to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by HAGG!S View Post
                            What are you getting for your $2 though? Sweet f.a I bet. They could increase security at these car parks and people probably wouldn't mind paying the fee.
                            What are you getting? The right to park right next to the station. That's what you're getting for your 2 bucks.

If the trains were massively underutilised, the sure the parking should be free to encourage people to use trains. But when the spaces are at a premium, why should they be free?

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                              Singed.

I am a firm believer moto/scooter parking should be free, everywhere, period.
                              Is that because motorbike/scooter riders are special?

Comment

Working...
                              X