Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoei Neotec Helmet

Thinking of upgrading Helmet.

any views on the Shoei Neotec - kind of like the versitality but concerned that it may be noisy

appreciate any comments
    Cheers

Jacko

Haven't ridden in a Neotec but they review well. I have a GT-Air which has the same internal sun visor as the new Neotec and I love it - and it is a lot quieter than my old XR1000s and X11. The new Shoei shields seal a LOT better than Shoei helmets from a few years ago (external shield is also shared with the Neotec.

What helmet(s) are you currently riding with? It may help people who have used a Neotec to give you an idea of quieter/louder in comparison to what you currently use.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Thanks - I currently have a full face HJC CN 12 which has seen better days
      Last edited by Jacko 62; 03-01-2014, 02:19 PM.
      Cheers

Jacko

Comment

Originally posted by Jacko 62 View Post
        I currently have a full face HJC CN 12 which has seen better days
        Webbike world have comprehensive reviews on helmets.
        Shoei Neotec - webBikeWorld
        Motorcycle Helmet Reviews - webBikeWorld

Also contact Helmet House and they'll help with fitting. They're a sponsor on here.
        Just be mindful that Shoei may not fit your head shape so be prepared to look at other brands.

Comment

I bought one for the longer trips and find it quieter than my ARIA,
          the only downside is a bad case of helmet hair after a couple of hours on the head (looks like its been in a jaffle iron, short hair)
          Great otherwise
          FarRider # 159,

Comment

I have one.

Have it as my daily. It's a nice and comfy helmet but it's a little on the heavy side I guess. Don't get wind noises but that's because I have a music on all the time. Love it during the hot days that I can lift up the chin bar.

As [MENTION=11284]gus96[/MENTION] said. Triple Mohark look if you have wet hair.
            Going fast is not a problem, it's the sudden stopping that hurts a lot...

Comment

You won't get an exceedingly quiet flip face, it's to be expected from a design that requires you to add more ridges that catch wind. Mine's quieter than my multitec was, but nothing like quiet. The GT Air on the other hand is designed to be a quiet helmet.

Comment

I got one, you get used to the weight quite rapidly. All in all very comfortable love the top vent which really works well, not forgetting the tinted inside visor.
                "One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your three closes friends; if they seem OK, then you're the one."

Comment

Thanks for all the input - I will call into helmet house and see where we go from there
                  Cheers

Jacko

Comment

Originally posted by gus96 View Post
                    I bought one for the longer trips and find it quieter than my ARIA,
                    Ftw take gus96 with you to the fitting and if you can't hear his Aria you'll be ok
                    Originally posted by lee
                    motherfucking *facepalm* at half the stoopid motherfuckers in this thread not getting the point

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                      You won't get an exceedingly quiet flip face, it's to be expected from a design that requires you to add more ridges that catch wind. Mine's quieter than my multitec was, but nothing like quiet. The GT Air on the other hand is designed to be a quiet helmet.
                      GT Air is indeed quiet, but one thing I have noticed compared to my X11 and XR1000 is that it catches the wind a lot more when head checking, etc. Will get used to it I guess.

(I've been spoiled with race helmet aerodynamics I suspect, but I certainly don't miss the noise).
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                        GT Air is indeed quiet, but one thing I have noticed compared to my X11 and XR1000 is that it catches the wind a lot more when head checking, etc. Will get used to it I guess.

(I've been spoiled with race helmet aerodynamics I suspect, but I certainly don't miss the noise).
                        I'll keep that in mind with the GT Air. I've been meaning to pick one up, but given the current time of year wearing the neotec every day seems to knock time off my commute getting RBTed going through Gosnells... Which I certainly have no objection to, there's a Muzz Buzz there, and it seems every other time I go there I see people literally staggering out of the pub, into their cars and driving off...

Comment

Working...
                        X