Gsxr recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsxr recall

Just had the master cylinder done today picked up my bike at closing time and not even 10 min ride home the front brakes came on tighter and tighter until it brought me to a complete stop in the middle of the road .
    I have heard of brakes not working before but , i have never heard of them stopping the bike and staying locked tight that i couldn't even push it any where off the road .
    After about 15 mins it loosened enough to be able push it , but it keeps on doing it every couple of (km).

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE ...???
    i need to get it back to savage suzuki again but it will be a slow trip i think

Let them sort it. Seems like a fuck up by them. No surprises there then.

Comment

dude, don't ride it... speak to Savage in the morning, see if they'll pick it up. If not hire a trailer or someone might lend you one (I will but you might get an offer closer to home - I'm in Bentley)

Comment

Do you have aftermarket levers? In particular ASV?

edit: some aftermarket leavers won't accept the "plunger" thingy on the new master cylinder, causing the brakes to gradually go more and more on (not returning fully), these levers require a different part (or the one off the original m/c perhaps, can't remember) to function correctly.
        Last edited by shortSteve; 07-01-2014, 09:50 PM.
        yes, i am ignorant
        yes, i am a prick
        no, i don't care
        you make me sick

Comment

[QUOTE=shortSteve;2996837]Do you have aftermarket levers? In particular ASV?

yes i have the asv leavers and i turned the adjustment all the way down untill the leaver was all the way down to the grips and it did help get going but it still continued to lock up again, and i cant adjust it any more

Comment

It isnt the adjuster, it is the m/c push rod that the lever actuates. Put on a std lever, asv have a new pushrod kit or get the dealer to strip the old m/c and use that actuater. Do not ride with asv lever. It will lock up your front wheel. This is a known problem with asv and the new master cylinder.
            yes, i am ignorant
            yes, i am a prick
            no, i don't care
            you make me sick

Comment

mmm Sounds like Savage Suzuki didn't get the memo about the ASV levers!

I saw the letter somewhere stating that this would be a problem, must have been on facebook under PSB or Riding and Talking Shit, so it is real :O

Comment

ok thanks S/S I get on to them today about it.
                and thx for the offer kristy i will sort it.

Comment

i was looking around for the same post you are taking about stoneville i thought i had see it somewhere my self, i just cant find it , i looked on taking shit and psb but oh well looks like more money to be spent .
                  the asv levers where on the bike when i brought it .

Comment

Would have been middle November that I saw it

Comment

Originally posted by XmorphX View Post
                      Just had the master cylinder done today picked up my bike at closing time and not even 10 min ride home the front brakes came on tighter and tighter until it brought me to a complete stop in the middle of the road .
                      I have heard of brakes not working before but , i have never heard of them stopping the bike and staying locked tight that i couldn't even push it any where off the road .
                      After about 15 mins it loosened enough to be able push it , but it keeps on doing it every couple of (km).

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE ...???
                      i need to get it back to savage suzuki again but it will be a slow trip i think
                      i will tell you exactly what is wrong.

the master cylinder kit they supply has a different length interconnecting rod between the lever and the piston. they have used the new rod, they need to install the old one. I know this becases i had the exact same thing happen when i rebuilt a 2004 GSXR for [MENTION=7170]Tuscadero[/MENTION]

She was not happy, but it was easy to rectify.
                      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Here you go, take this into Savage:

Good thing sS remembered! At least I've got the print out .
                        Last edited by Kristy; 08-01-2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Thx kristy your the best

Comment

Originally posted by HAGG!S View Post
                            Let them sort it. Seems like a fuck up by them. No surprises there then.
                            Are you back on two wheels yet?

Also worth mentioning to others that need the job done, Joondalup Suzuki did mine in a two hour turn around and supplied me with a loan bike.
                            They did a top job and the loaner was a new GSXR 750 with 140km on the clock which was an absolute treat to ride!

Comment

Originally posted by FCB104 View Post
                              Are you back on two wheels yet?

Also worth mentioning to others that need the job done, Joondalup Suzuki did mine in a two hour turn around and supplied me with a loan bike.
                              They did a top job and the loaner was a new GSXR 750 with 140km on the clock which was an absolute treat to ride!
                              Nope. Almost 3 weeks now

Comment

Working...
                              X