Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Honda Parts

Hey everyone

I noticed the other day that the rear brake foot pedal/lever on my 2011 cbr250r is bent (still works fine but I want to replace in the near future....I believe it happened when I slightly dropped it practicing for my RE test. ^_^

Anyway, the cheapest I can find is on this site for 6 bucks but the killer is 20ish postage.

Does anyone know a cheaper Honda OEM supplier, maybe from Australia?
    Alternatively, could I get a nicer looking aftermarket part for the same price? I haven't had any luck finding one.

Thanks
    ​You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

If your rear brake pedal is still usable just hang on a bit until you "fuck up" really good and then order a heap of parts and the postage ends up being a lot cheaper per article.

I've have no experience in this whatsoever and are only posting this on hear say.

Comment

Go price it at Honda Australia for eleventy billion dollars and you'll realise $26 is cheap.

Comment

I was about to say, what's a honda brake pedal worth as mine got bent pretty bad and i've bent it back as far as I dare.

Been somewhat fucked for like a year now, been meaning to get another one, but I am guessing Honda probably want about $300 for one locally.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

See this side cowl here Honda - Seat Cowling, Left, Asteroid Black Metallic, CBR250R - Bodywork and Carbon for $10.56,
          Its $509 (yes FIVE HUNDRED AND NINE DOLLARS!) from Honda Australia.

also get on cbr250.net for the USA suppliers (MotoMike the moderator can help)

Comment

I got a new lrft mirror from Tyga. Honda in Joondalup priced it at $50 (as a special price), I got it on Tyga for about $22 + whatever postage was 25-30, if I recall correctly. So, I used it as an opportunity to also buy a tinted windsheild to replace the old scratched one. Then I realized how much of a fuck around it is to replace a windsheild on a cbr 250.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone
              I just found the same part on an Australian website for 72 plus postage. Looks like tyga is a good choice after all.

Also Rocko,
              Originally posted by Rocko View Post
              Then I realized how much of a fuck around it is to replace a windsheild on a cbr 250.
              my mate recently replaced his windshield with a smoke one on a cbr250r and told me it was a bitch to do
              ​You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Comment

Did you at least give Honda a call?

Comment

I have a bloke in Japan I buy all my genuine Honda (NSR, NC30) parts from. Cheaper than local, shipped via EMS so have to wait, but miss out on paying massive prices locally. Happy to share but you will need the Honda part number.

Comment

Originally posted by al.ramsay View Post
                    I have a bloke in Japan I buy all my genuine Honda (NSR, NC30) parts from. Cheaper than local, shipped via EMS so have to wait, but miss out on paying massive prices locally. Happy to share but you will need the Honda part number.
                    Please share
                    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

I have bought parts from here in the past: Powersports Parts

Superbike Toy store also has an OEM parts section: Superbike Toy Store W/ World of Powersports' OEM Parts Finder

It appears that they both use the same partfinder.

Bernie says "think before you drive bribe"

Comment

Found these guys alright.

Honda - Suzuki - OEM Parts – Motorcycles – ATVs – Mt Gambier - SA - Blue City Motorcycles
                        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
                          Please share
                          PM Sent.

Hope this doesn't classify as advertising for a non site-sponsor, but they "have access to the parts systems of the four Japanese motorcycle makers, so can source all the new parts that are currently in production."

Comment

So, tried to buy some brake pads today.

Most common(?) 600cc supersport on the road. Local dealer doesn't have a full set of pads in stock. try somewhere else. Same story.

Same old Perth rant... no fucker keeps ANY stock any more, even for basic consumables. "We'll have to order it in" = I may as well order it in myself.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                              So, tried to buy some brake pads today.

Most common(?) 600cc supersport on the road. Local dealer doesn't have a full set of pads in stock. try somewhere else. Same story.

Same old Perth rant... no fucker keeps ANY stock any more, even for basic consumables. "We'll have to order it in" = I may as well order it in myself.
                              I don't have that problem with my chosen motorcycles' manufacturer. Only the girly reputation :-)
                              yes, i am ignorant
                              yes, i am a prick
                              no, i don't care
                              you make me sick

Comment

Working...
                              X