X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the test....

So I saw these comments on another thread:

Originally posted by thatguy View Post
    Driver training has to change. When I did my test, it was drive around the block, park a few times and that was it! The hazard perception test is a small step in the right direction but there has to be something in there about looking for bikes - isn't the main cause of motorcycle accidents that the drivers brain is conditioned to look for cars (not motorbikes), and when one isn't seen they pull out (whether there's a motorbike there or not)
    Originally posted by chew View Post
    As a simple first step, how about every five year licence renewal a questionnaire on road laws has to be completed and sent in with an eye test at the licence holders expense.
    I didn't want to comment in that thread, because it is about a recent rather nasty fatality and I didn't want to continue an argument there.

However it occurred to me that there might be some value in posting a link to this site Online Testing & Learning, Links which has an awarness test about half way down the page.

I would ask that anyone who has seen the test not discuss it, as this tends to reduce it's effectiveness.

If you haven't seen it before, do the test. You will likely be surprised at your lack of ability.
    Originally posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

Originally posted by MikeL View Post

If you haven't seen it before, do the test. You will likely be surprised at your lack of ability.

What has counting basketballs got to do with riding a motorbike ...............

buelllord
    Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

Originally posted by buelllord View Post
      What has counting basketballs got to do with riding a motorbike ...............

buelllord
      so you didn't bother to do the test then. Do the test, then you might understand.
      Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

Do the test, then you might understand.
        How a non-motorcycle rider could miss a Hysong riding amongst a bunch of Ducatis of the same colour?

Comment

so you didn't bother to do the test then. Do the test, then you might understand.
          Apparently the test can't be completed with a gympie.
          -

Comment

This is even scarier and was allegedly developed to show fighter pilots why they need to move their heads when in flight to be fully aware of their surroundings.

If you just stare straight at the green dot without moving your head the yellow dots disappear. If you constantly move your head, they do not.

When brain dead morons drive in la-la land this is what happens and why you should be on full alert.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
              This is even scarier and was allegedly developed to show fighter pilots why they need to move their heads when in flight to be fully aware of their surroundings.

If you just stare straight at the green dot without moving your head the yellow dots disappear. If you constantly move your head, they do not.

When brain dead morons drive in la-la land this is what happens and why you should be on full alert.
              Yeah, similar sort of idea. Your brain has evolved to filter out stuff that it doesn't consider important and it does this automatically without you realising it. Trouble is just because you are looking doesn't mean you are seeing. Once you know this you can take steps to combat it.
              Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

It's not that people don't share your passion for this subject, it's just that this is reeeeeaaaaaaaallllllly old and most have seen it many times before. Besides, the gorilla one was much better than this one.

Comment

Working...
                X