Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The search for a new bike, test rides begin

hey all,

had a black cbr1000rr on order last year but had to cancel as bought a house around the same time. i have now started looking again and am coming off a cbr250r to something substantially bigger i hope. Have ridden few bigger bikes in the last last 1.5 years since riding so was looking forward jumping on some bigger bikes.

So far I have test rode 2009 cbr600rr (they didnt have a new demo), nice but meh.

Been back twice in 2 days to triumph in east perth test riding the Daytona. Fell in love with this thing immediately after i got going, the sound, the handling, boooooo on the price tho. They basically just quote the price out of the book Daytona 675r 2014 $18,6ish or something.

I dont really have a budget, its more about finding the right bike and the daytona seems priced in the range of cbr1000 s and kwaka zx1000 s but i supppose that is the R model afterall. Any other recommendations i should jump on and try out in the super sport category? used as a commuter daily (i ride rockingham to east perth and back), mrs does like to come on the back and has been on the 250 as pillion a number of times.

let me know your thoughts.

Daytona 675 is pretty good I hear

I hear it often when I sit on it

Comment

If it were me spending nearly 20k on a bike I wouldn't blow the whole budget on a brand new 600, especially for a daily commuter. Just try out all the jap thou's; gixxer if you want comfy, cbr if you want to turn, r1 if you want to make great noises, kwaka if you want powerrrrrrrr.

On a serious note though, the BMW S1000R is getting quite a bit of praise in the press, maybe check one of those out when they hit the showrooms. $19k price-tag is a damned good deal when you compare it alongside the Daytona.

Comment

s1000rr, z1000, cbr1000, speed triple. I test rode all of them, the waited a month and did all again and the zx10r put the biggest smile each time.

Comment

thanks for the replies. completely forgot about the S1000RR will have to line up a test ride. thought their new price was somewhere around 22-23?? can anyone point me in the direction of any bmw moto dealers in perth? not from here originally so not really sure.

Comment

BMW moto dealers in Perth
            “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

[QUOTE=Archie;2998362]If it were me spending nearly 20k on a bike I wouldn't blow the whole budget on a brand new 600, especially for a daily commuter. Just try out all the jap thou's; gixxer if you want comfy, cbr if you want to turn, r1 if you want to make great noises, kwaka if you want powerrrrrrrr.
              QUOTE]

That kinda makes sense, but, it depends what 600 you blow your budget on. He is looking at daytona, and R model from the sounds of it. In a year or two I know which one out of a Daytona or a jap thou will hold its value way better. Just as a hint, it wont be one of the jap thou's...

Comment

Originally posted by n3tsa View Post
                thanks for the replies. completely forgot about the S1000RR will have to line up a test ride. thought their new price was somewhere around 22-23?? can anyone point me in the direction of any bmw moto dealers in perth? not from here originally so not really sure.
                I actually meant the R, the new naked version. Either/or.

While we're at it, don't forget the RSV4 / Tuono.
                Last edited by Archie; 10-01-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by n3tsa View Post
                  Been back twice in 2 days to triumph in east perth
                  lol.. These guys are your best friend right up until you sign the paperwork, then don't expect any kind of attention from them.
                  Originally posted by Desmo
                  Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post
                    I actually meant the R, the new naked version. Either/or.

While we're at it, don't forget the RSV4 / Tuono.
                    Agreed.
                    I'm baised but if you're test riding bikes you have to try an RSV4 or Tuono. When I first test rode one I wasnt even looking to buy a new bike. Until I gave the keys back to the dealer. Bought one a week later.

Comment

1290 super duke .....torque torque torque test ride in march is on my list was gonna go zx10r 2014 but seen this coming out and already blown away with it
                      WORK TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE

Comment

Working...
                      X