Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why looking ahead is good...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e69_1384052615

Failure to look ahead far enough because you're too concerned about the cars immediately ahead is bad.

And can go from not ideal to totally fucked up in a matter of seconds
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Originally posted by thro View Post
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e69_1384052615

Failure to look ahead far enough because you're too concerned about the cars immediately ahead is bad.

And can go from not ideal to totally fucked up in a matter of seconds
    Lol. Credit were its due it was an epic save

Comment

Mario64 got a new bike, then?

Comment

Epic save? yes. not seeing the car up ahead of the cars in front turning across traffic at the intersection, then deciding to run the orange, and then nearly getting taken out by the second car turning left across traffic.... not so clever
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Pure ass, he just used up three lives.

Comment

It was a bit of a calamity, but aye he should have been paying attention.

Comment

Dude had plenty of time to stop behind both cars, if he had covered the brake. Even if he wasn't covering the brake, stopping between the cars at the orange would have been a better idea than powering through when there had already been a dude turn in front of him

Comment

Doesn't have skill to stop, but is able to make it through that suprise chicane? Fucken hell!

Comment

Puts all those lane splitters who hit mirrors to shame

Comment

The fact he pulls out of that shit fight and wants to pop a wheelie gives me some indication that this is not the first time that kind of thing has happened.
                    Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                    Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Not sure if the wheelie was intentional. Probably held the gas on due to panic.

Comment

Yeah I wondered if it was intentional too - imagine arse-ing that, then 12 o'clocking it

Comment

If you're living on the edge you take up less room in traffic
                          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

that car was super keen to stop for an orange though! seriously, he was at the intersection when it changed, and pulled up hard!

(not excusing the biker at all. as mentioned, even if he couldn't stop before the bumper, parking between the cars would have been fine.)
                            The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

^^ if you're wiped out you take up even less.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                              that car was super keen to stop for an orange though!
                              Did you not see the car turn across the front of him that had been waiting to turn (and then proceeded, as they do when the lights go orange)?

Not talking about the one the bike nearly ran into, the one before that...

Yes, he reacted late, like a typical half asleep cager - but he was reacting to a car in front of him... and evidently he was a lot more awake than the guy on the bike.

Lesson for any noobs watching: always, ALWAYS be ready to brake at a set of lights (have finger ready on brake). Doesn't even matter if they're green, dumb shit like this happens...
                              Last edited by thro; 11-01-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X