Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which dealer should I buy a 1290 Duke from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which dealer should I buy a 1290 Duke from?

Hi all, I'm going to put a deposit down on a black 1290 this week and was thinking of ordering from Causeway KTM. I've never delt with Causway before and would like to here any of your good/bad experiences. Cheers.

A ktm dealer would be a good place to start.

Comment

Go to KTM dealer of choice, buy bike, ride bike, happy days.

You've been here almost 5 years, should know better than to start threads like this which we all know will go down the shitter almost immediately if the past is anything to go by..

[/pre-morning coffee rant]
      Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
      Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

It's just someones way of saying...

"I'm getting a 1290, nah nah na nah nah"

Comment

Bunbury KTM
          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

go to all the ktm dealers with what you want to do, buy where the deal takes you
            I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Which Bunnings should I buy my new toilet from?

Give a few a call or go in and have a chat to them, the final price is really what's going to direct you.

Comment

Originally posted by M|ke View Post
                the final price is really what's going to direct you.
                As someone who tends to buy low volume stuff ([email protected]#$ knows why) I would suggest this is actually a pretty bad way to go, the shop that actually stocks spares for your machine equips their workshop properly and trains their mechanics in the peculiarities of the individual marque can make the exotic/odd ball bike owning experience. The one that relies on just in time (which never works for breakdowns) cuts every corner to get the bike out the door then really doesn't want to see you again especially if you have something pesky like a warrantee claim will completely break it. So a couple hundred up front in initial costs will most likely be cheaper and defiantly better in the long run.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I called Causeway Aprilia for a spare part for my Aprilia the other day. "We don't stock spare parts" was the reply. Food for thought for your decision.
                  Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                  1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

a drug dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by mrparishboy View Post
                      ...thinking of ordering from Causeway KTM. I've never delt with Causway before and would like to here any of your good/bad experiences.
                      I own an RC8 and have found that this shop has NEVER had stock of ANY item I've requested.
                      The 2nd-last purchase from them was a rear shock spring, which they fucked up royally (the spring was the wrong diameter and length) then took me to task for trying to discuss a refund at the counter.
                      The 'manager' started to debate matters with me - i really had to have some inner dialogue to not act on my compulsion to punch his lights out right there in the showroom.
                      He refused to tell me, then flat out lied to me, how I could contact the shop owner to take matters further.

Even an oil filter, the most recent request, was something they had to order in FFS.
                      I will not provide them any further business. Nada.

S.
                      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Make sure someone has spares locally for the bike (I've heard a few good things about Mandurah KTM) before you buy it and then buy it from the dealer that gives you the best deal.

Comment

I'm not sure if its practicle for a dealer to have every spare part for for every new model bike it sells. Many items would come ex-eastern states or from OS.

The more exotic (or low volume seller) the bike the more likely you'lll find this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                            It's just someones way of saying...

"I'm getting a 1290, nah nah na nah nah"
                            glad u said it cos if I did I would of copped a ban.
                            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Apparently the Duke 200 was $500 cheaper from Mandurah than Causeway, may or may not be the case with the 1290.. There's like 3 dealers or someting here so won't be very time consuming to shop around...

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                              I called Causeway Aprilia for a spare part for my Aprilia the other day. "We don't stock spare parts" was the reply. Food for thought for your decision.
                              KTM Australia is based in perth, so parts etc. only take a day from my experience (assuming Australia has stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X