New Sena 20S Motorcycle Intercom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sena 20S Motorcycle Intercom

I was looking at Sena intercoms this morning and saw this on their website.

Sena 20S

Taken from their website:

The 20S features a unique architecture that utilizes the industry’s first dual-module Bluetooth communication system as well as the industry’s first Bluetooth 4.0 technology. The dual Bluetooth module allows for increased flexibility of functions, performance, and reliability. With the dual Bluetooth system, the features of the 20S can operate at higher capacity and a faster rate of performance. Users can take advantage of simultaneous communication by running multiple applications (music, GPS, mobile phone, intercom) and seamlessly switching back and forth as needed. With the combination of the dual module Bluetooth system and Bluetooth 4.0, the 20S is the most advanced Bluetooth communication device in the market.

It says "Coming Soon" on their website; so I'm not sure how long until it hits the shelves in Australia...

You can pre-order them on Revzilla, US$270 for the single or US$485 for the dual pack, which are "expected to ship early April".

R Class Since 18-09-2014

Originally posted by Electr0 View Post
    You can pre-order them on Revzilla, US$270 for the single or US$485 for the dual pack, which are "expected to ship early April".
    Looks interesting,
    Intercom working distance up to 2.4km (1.5 miles)* Hmm that's a pretty good distance, nearly 3 times the SMH10D-10
    Multipoint Bluetooth for dual mobile phone Does that mean you can use 2 mobiles at once?
    Universal IntercomTM: intercom with other brand communication systems That makes it sound like it'll connect to ones like Scala, Uclear, N-Com etc Good if it does
    Be aware though that RevZilla wont ship Sena to Australia due to restrictions by the manufacturer Well that was the case when I asked back in November 2012

I'm sorry, but due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship SENA products internationally.
    We do accept orders with an International billing address that are shipped within the US if you have someone who can receive your package for you. Additionally, there are third party shipping services which can provide you with a US address we can ship to. This service will then forward the package to you abroad. Two companies our customers have had success with in the past are MyUS.com and Aramex.
    We will ship the Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth Headset Dual Pack via UPS Ground for free anywhere in the United States. The approximate shipping cost to Australia would be $50 US. This is a rough estimate of what we would charge if we were able to ship the Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth Headset Dual Pack to you in Australia.
    When I worked it out it only saved ~$30 anyway from buying here in Oz once you factored in the exchange rate and shipping That new one looks to be ~$200 more than the SMH10D-10 before you get it here :o Works out to be ~$597 AUD :o
    Last edited by Para045; 17-01-2014, 05:30 PM.
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Maybe this'll make the smh10 drop in price?

Comment

Im interested in one of these intercoms... Good to know *some* of them are compatible with other brands. That was my only real worry when forkin out money for one that isnt the same make model as someone else... Range on this particular one is kickass

Comment

Looks pretty good. I will have to wait for my smh10 to give way first though. Still going strong after a couple of years.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Mike, I'll split a double pack with you if you are keen for just the single? (Whatever happened to the group buy threads that blackFZR used to organise )

My smh10 is on its way out, possibly due to a faceplant into tarmac.. Will this be compatible with the other 3 smh10's we own for 4 way chat? Hope so
            could only find some marketing spiel which usually changes when the product becomes available:
            The 20S is designed to be fully compatible with other Sena Bluetooth products including Motorcycle Bluetooth and Bluetooth audio adapters. The 20S is also equipped with the same remote control capability of the Sena Bluetooth Action Camera.

:stupid:

Comment

New Sena 20S Motorcycle Intercom

Like the sound of this

Universal IntercomTM: intercom with other brand communication systems
              Bout time they all saw the light. Guessing it will only be compatible with future models from other manufacturers but fingers crossed.
              The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wedge View Post
                Thanks for the heads up Mike, I'll split a double pack with you if you are keen for just the single? (Whatever happened to the group buy threads that blackFZR used to organise )
                No worries. Yeah I'd be keen, only need the one, and it works out cheaper too.

Yeah a group buy would be awesome.

I like the idea of the "Audio Multitasking", so you can be listening to music which fades out and in as someone uses the intercom, instead of just cutting out.

R Class Since 18-09-2014

Comment

Also very interested in one of these. Would be keen in a Group Buy. I believe they are released in April.

Comment

Damn. Just bought a pair of 10's. Very happy with them but the range on the 20's looks very impressive.

Comment

Would upgrade for the noise cancellation (if any good....) an if it works with other brands that'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire9au View Post
                        Damn. Just bought a pair of 10's. Very happy with them but the range on the 20's looks very impressive.
                        Yeah damn impressive but then for an extra $200 for a twin set it should be :o
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Also considering the new Bluetooth go pro accessory. Anyone looked into this at all?

Comment

From what I read on a few sites the release date is suppose to be end of feb. Been waiting for this to come out before spending the $$$ on another unit. The reviews have been quite good too. They shown it at a few bike shows in the US already

Comment

Anyone got an update on when this is going to be released?

Comment

Working...
                              X