OMG - Michelin Pilot Road 4 - waits for the bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG - Michelin Pilot Road 4 - waits for the bandwagon

So hot on the tail of the Pilot Road 3's being the bees knees, I have just noticed that a well known US tyre supplier has now got Pilot Road 4's available!

Their guffy writeup

Pilot Road 4

Pilot Road 3

• Thanks to new XST+ sipes, Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires stop faster in the wet than any other tires in the category. The Michelin Pilot Road 4 tire stops 17% faster than its closest competitor on wet roads, and 24% faster on a wet slippery surface such as a pedestrian crossing or painted lines. All of which means, riding in the rain should feel safer and more secure, and a lot less stressful. With Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires on your motorcycle, you'll ride with more confidence - rain or shine, hot or cold, city or highway.
    • With improved 2CT technology, the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires last up to 20% longer than the Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires.
    • Silica-charged rubber compounds were developed for the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires. These compounds are specially formulated to provide excellent grip on a wide range of road surfaces, including painted lines and pedestrian crossings, making it easier for you to ride with confidence in virtually all conditions.

Wow sounds like you just have to have them!!! They are pricey as well!

And they have a model for us cruiser guys. Gonna try them out on thr Black Dog Ride round Oz.

Comment

Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

considering all the details in the write up revolving about stopping power in the WET... this really means nothing in WA...
        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
          considering all the details in the write up revolving about stopping power in the WET... this really means nothing in WA...
          Unless you commute every day! And the stopping on slippery surfaces is particularly relevant after a long dry spell.
          Adventure before Dementia

Comment

perhaps to combat the Pirelli Angel GT which was claiming best wet stopping power in class just a couple of months ago

Comment

OMG - Michelin Pilot Road 4 - waits for the bandwagon

Looks like a power 3 with extra grooves.
              Last edited by Griffo17; 17-01-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Looks like the equivalent of a 4 bladed razor to me. Excess complication for unknown actual improvement, but huge claims.
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

not too far removed from our wet weather race tyres which handle like swiss cheese in the dry.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Put 3's on my 10R commuter so obviously nothing too hard being done on it. But the rear was at 15k kms with 40% left when I got an unfixable puncher

Got a BT on at the mo coz they didn't have any 3's at the time. I'll definitely give the 4's a go.
                    Crippo.

Comment

It means that ridden like a demon, because of the large tread cuts and numerous sipes, it will wobble around and heat up excessively i reckon. A set of these under a Busa or '14 on a hard country ride in summer would be like riding in the wet...
                      Probs a good street tyre tho!
                      yes, i am ignorant
                      yes, i am a prick
                      no, i don't care
                      you make me sick

Comment

No TY.
                        Sticking (lol) with PP3's.

S.
                        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                          Unless you commute every day! And the stopping on slippery surfaces is particularly relevant after a long dry spell.
                          +1 Some of us actually ride our bikes for lots of km's, rain, hail & shine just all year not on fine sunny weekends to the coffee shop Oh I forgot Mods don't ride at all

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                          It means that ridden like a demon, because of the large tread cuts and numerous sipes, it will wobble around and heat up excessively i reckon. A set of these under a Busa or '14 on a hard country ride in summer would be like riding in the wet...
                          Probs a good street tyre tho!
                          Never found the 3's to be more slippery than the 2's when hot on country rides on my Bird, if anything they felt like they stuck more and were better in the wet as well The 3's certainly seem to wear better
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                            Oh I forgot Mods don't ride at all
                            We might have to amend that to Staff and Admins don't ride. Far too many mods are on 2 wheels every day, it's spoiling the ambience.
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

A bit puzzled about some aspects of this forum. From time to time I see a thread of interest (rarely as my post history shows), but when I read some of the posts I really have to wonder if the aim is to post information of value to readers or is it just to increase post counts? Very little value was added in the last few posts beyond self embellishment. One poster has the title 'Moderator' and while I know nothing about the individual apart from his sorry avatar, I find it particularly worrying.

Comment

Working...
                              X