Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cnc machinist

Hi there ,

I am looking for a cnc guy to make some one off things for the bike , anyone keen ?
    Cheers , Neal

Good luck with that, I've tried up and down to do similar in Perth myself in the past and never got anywhere.
    The most common answer was "we can't do that it'd be too expensive", translates to "we cant be bothered".
    Spent $2.5K with a guy in Brisbane in the end, which I guess is not enough to get people out of bed in Perth.

Depending upon what you want done I'd look at an on-line service such as:
    Online Machine Shop - Internet Machine Shop - Online Machining Services!
    Doug

Comment

Cnc machining is not the way to go for one off parts...

far too expensive...

you just need ordinary machining...

Comment

Post up what it is you are trying to do, I might be able to watercut it or co-erce a machinist to help you
        Can cut any shapes, in very thick billets too - pics: 1, 2, 3
        - Mike

Comment

there's a guy in balajura that does that, were did i put his number?

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
            there's a guy in balajura that does that, were did i put his number?
            It could be in your rolodex, possibly in your filofax, but most likely on a post it note somewhere you won't lose it
            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Check your fax 'Tata!

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

Try Kenny at Dietech engineering, loves his bikes, he's there pretty much 7 days a week, he's in Maddigton on Kelvin Rd

Comment

Cheers guys , I will give those leads a try . Reason being the part I want needs to be spot on

Comment

I was happily machining to 0.01mm 30 years ago on old lathes and Bridgeport mills with no digital read out...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                      I was happily machining to 0.01mm 30 years ago on old lathes and Bridgeport mills with no digital read out...
                      WHS, you need to define "accurate" means to you.
                      The other reason you might needs CNC is if its a complex shape with 3D surfaces in it for example.
                      Doug

Comment

Another recommendation is Edwards engineering on Howe street in Osborne park.

Small machining shop that has a "can do" for small machining jobs. Look for the ZX-14 parked outside!

Comment

Thanks , that's down the road from me and I like the can do attitude !
                          Cheers

Comment

Hey, a locul huh? Edwards are just down the road from where I work as well. He's done a bit of machining work for us.

If you spot a white Er-6n with a top box on the back around osb park, that would be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                              Too old skool, need to be digital
                              I mean really nothing of any value, tight tolerance or quality was ever machined before 1990

From one old F&M to another
                              It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X