Personalised Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personalised Plates

Does anyone know if you can transfer personalised plates from a car to a bike? I have some custom plates [MAAATTY] which I want to have on my bike but not keen to pay $600 or whatever it is for new ones.

Cheers
    Matty

yes you can, you just have to apply to get them remade as car plates. then transfer them once they are made
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Great, cheers buddy

Knowing the department of transport it will take about 10 weeks to do though :/

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
        yes you can, you just have to apply to get them remade as car BIKE plates. then transfer them once they are made
        Fixed

Plus, pretty sure once they have gone Car to Bike, they cannot go back to a car, thread on this somewhere in the recesses.

You are lucky you only have 7 letters as that's the limiit for bikes

Comment

Yeah I thought about that after, lucky I have the right amount of letters, ill have a look on the department of trans website and try find a form or something

Comment

I've done this over the counter from time to time without filling a form but only for bikes. The rego numbers get swapped so I don't know for car. Phone em.
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Maaatty, post up what you find. I'd be looking at doing it sometime mid year, when I get by big boys bike.

Would be interested to know if you could go Bike -> Car, like Stoneville mentioned.

R Class Since 18-09-2014

Comment

Will do Electr0, I will head down to the licencing centre today and ask the question.

Comment

You will have to pay for a single motorcycle plate to be made, took about two weeks when I had mine converted from car to bike.

Comment

You are able to get it made before you own the bike though aren't you?

Comment

Yes you can, but they will keep it at the nominated Licence centre until you bring in a valid registered plate to swap. Be warned the plate may need drilling to line up the mounting holes, so bring a couple of electrical ties to get you home.

Comment

Sweet cheers mate, will get it sorted today so I can get the plates on there as soon as I get my bike

Comment

Originally posted by Maaatty View Post
                          to pay $600 or whatever it is for new ones
                          I pad $440.00 for mine
                          Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                          remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                          Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                          Who died while defending his right of way;
                          He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                          But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BikeRider View Post
                            Yes you can, but they will keep it at the nominated Licence centre until you bring in a valid registered plate to swap. Be warned the plate may need drilling to line up the mounting holes, so bring a couple of electrical ties to get you home.
                            Good advice.
                            Matt, I had to drill Brian's plate to fit on his Diavel. Wasn't even a personalised plate

Comment

pay $70 to have my custom car plates made into a bike plate

Comment

Working...
                              X