Do you rate it?

How did it look?

Does it work?

How much for bikes?

Thank you.
    Its all good on Ducati's

Got a trip, or permanent?

There are spray on equivalents now.

Will be a spray on type on the front of my car to get to Melbourne.
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
      Got a trip, or permanent?

There are spray on equivalents now.

Will be a spray on type on the front of my car to get to Melbourne.
      About to respray front cowl as it has some stonechips. Looking for permanent solution.
      Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

I used to sell this in a former life and there are several different grades. I can't remember the numbers now unfortunately. Also, depending on what colour you paint your item will determine which one you use as some discolour over time and if it was one a white background, it looks yellow-ish
        It is an art form to apply properly so maybe ask 3M for a company that does a lot of this work.

Comment

Give Jason a call at A-One audio. They do clearshield.
          Did a full vehicle wrap on a 458 itallia last month. Got a 360 modena and a 911 coming in next month for the same.
          sigpic
          2008 ZX14 SE
          'Prowl'

Comment

A little sideways of topic....

I have a few products I'm trailing over the next few weeks that add up to 5-7 Microns thickness (5-7 human Hairs Thick)

and adds a glass like barrier to withstand chipping, scratches, paint oxidisation, acid rain.

No need to Polish ever just wash with water and use a refresher spray for 2-7 years, makes paint just pop like its been polished apparently?

It is a genuine 2 part coating system made in Japan that reacts with O2 and needs to cure for 48 hours, I am getting training next month on the product and will test on my own cars/bike to see how it all works and if there claims are true or not before I even think to offer it to the good folk of PSB.

I also have 3 other products coming from the UK that should land today that offer the same protection but no where near the cost of the Jap gear but will last 2-4 months (great for Winter commuting and so on)

and another that is 1-2 years but 1 third the cost and far easier to apply and less curing time and lastly a heat stable product that will work on wheels that will last approx 1- 2 years and will mean an end to washing coloured wheels and seeing brake dust in ever nook and cranny of your wheels.

Imagine just using a hose to clean your wheels and all the dust just washes off?? how easy would that be?

Something to think about?

RR
            http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

Originally posted by RRossi View Post

I have a few products I'm trailing over the next few weeks that add up to 5-7 Microns thickness (5-7 human Hairs Thick)

and adds a glass like barrier to withstand chipping, scratches, paint oxidisation, acid rain.

No need to Polish ever just wash with water and use a refresher spray for 2-7 years, makes paint just pop like its been polished apparently?

It is a genuine 2 part coating system made in Japan that reacts with O2 and needs to cure for 48 hours, I am getting training next month on the product and will test on my own cars/bike to see how it all works and if there claims are true or not before I even think to offer it to the good folk of PSB.

I also have 3 other products coming from the UK that should land today that offer the same protection but no where near the cost of the Jap gear but will last 2-4 months (great for Winter commuting and so on)

and another that is 1-2 years but 1 third the cost and far easier to apply and less curing time and lastly a heat stable product that will work on wheels that will last approx 1- 2 years and will mean an end to washing coloured wheels and seeing brake dust in ever nook and cranny of your wheels.

Imagine just using a hose to clean your wheels and all the dust just washes off?? how easy would that be?

Something to think about?

RR
              I'll be the first in line for them!

I bought and applied some 3M film on the BMW a couple of years ago. It was all pre-cut for my model, and was a piece of cake to apply. It works very well, and hasn't discoloured at all.
              "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

I could be in for this one if minister for finance approves this one and couple of more purchases on the pipe
                Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                Who died while defending his right of way;
                He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by RRossi View Post
                  RR
                  human hairs? i dont remember that measurement scale being on any of our thickness gauges 5-7 micron = 0.005 - 0.007mm an average human hair is 17micron (0.017mm) to 180 micron (0.18mm). With hair likes yours i thought you would know this
                  B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

I've got some of that expensive stuff (Ventureshield) across the front of my black Golf R. To be honest I don't like it. It seems that the stone marks are more obvious i.e. they mark the plastic where they probably wouldn't affect the paint at all. Also bug guts seems to mark the plastic where on paint they would polish out. On some of the more curved areas you can see stretch marks which I wonder could be a problem on a bike. And then everyone that looks at the car can see the seam and thinks that keyed the bonnet.

Last edited by agrid; 23-01-2014, 09:40 AM.
                    -

Comment

Paint protection film

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                      human hairs? i dont remember that measurement scale being on any of our thickness gauges 5-7 micron = 0.005 - 0.007mm an average human hair is 17micron (0.017mm) to 180 micron (0.18mm). With hair likes yours i thought you would know this
                      Purely for research purposes I measured a hair off my scone. 0.04mm
                      I then plucked one off my chest which came in at 0.085mm

I was going to measure a pube but by that stage I was getting funny looks from some of the less scientific minds around here...

Comment

I just referred to WiKi for them hair measurements. I guess its pretty varied.
                        I'm tempted to go get one of our surface profile dial gauges out and measure mine.....
                        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                          And then everyone that looks at the car can see the seam and thinks that keyed the bonnet.
                          Get smarter friends.

Otherwise it does sound like it's not a perfect solution, but I'd rather remove a plastic coating show imperfections and peel off to good paint than worry about buffing out scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                            I'd rather remove a plastic coating show imperfections and peel off to good paint than worry about buffing out scratches.
                            Paying a professional to repair the scratches is possibly cheaper...

I'm against paying money for a superior paint finish, then hiding it under layers of film. Doesn't it seem like buying a nice couch, then leaving it under a plastic drop sheet?
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                              Paying a professional to repair the scratches is possibly cheaper...

I'm against paying money for a superior paint finish, then hiding it under layers of film. Doesn't it seem like buying a nice couch, then leaving it under a plastic drop sheet?
                              I guess it depends on where you park and where you drive, frequency of stone chips/other dings.

Do you have pets?

Comment

Working...
                              X