I just saw this. Who should I call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw this. Who should I call?

So I was just leaving Freo when I saw a scooter sneak up the middle of traffic. (Not getting into debates about scooters splitting). He edged up between a taxi and a hilux.

Taxi driver then began edging up and left and squeezing the scooter rider.
    Then the wing mirror hit the scooters handle bars. Lights are still red and the taxi is about half a car length into the intersection.
    Then noticed the Indian(?) driver laugh in his rear view mirror and do it again. It was even difficult for the scooter rider to get his right hand back onto the handlebars to take off.

Either way I thought it dangerous especially for a professional driver to be driving in an offensive way.

Who's the best to talk to about this??

Cheers,

Rob

I would have thought the police or the taxi company, rather than the parish priest

Comment

Originally posted by disturbthepeace View Post
      So I was just leaving Freo when I saw a scooter sneak up the middle of traffic. (Not getting into debates about scooters splitting). He edged up between a taxi and a hilux.

Taxi driver then began edging up and left and squeezing the scooter rider.
      Then the wing mirror hit the scooters handle bars. Lights are still red and the taxi is about half a car length into the intersection.
      Then noticed the Indian(?) driver laugh in his rear view mirror and do it again. It was even difficult for the scooter rider to get his right hand back onto the handlebars to take off.

Either way I thought it dangerous especially for a professional driver to be driving in an offensive way.

Cheers,

Rob
      Lodge a report online with WAPOL.

Comment

Taxi plate number?

Comment

That said, I saw a white scooter undertake at the giveway onto Grand Prom from Beaufort.

He was nearly hit by the car in the giveway.

He probably did it because said car was being overly cautious.

Point being, it angered me because said driver will categorise me into same fuckwit basket when I'm on two wheels.

Taxi driver probably dealt with multiple scooter fuckwits today.

Just saying. That said if you felt it was dangerous then you should report it.
          Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

If the scooter tried splitting through a gap that was hardly big enough, it's his own fault.

Before even attempting a split you should assess the space available and determine the best route, if available.

And btw, Taxi Drivers are far from "professional", they are amongst the worst drivers in Australia.
            - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Tell the scooter riders mum!

Oh and the taxi company or the cops

Comment

Hopefully you got the taxi plate number. It will be very helpful.
                Taxi companies sometimes employ in-house disciplinary action. Report it

Comment

Why not leave it to the scooter rider to lodge a complaint?
                  I split all the time, on my KTM or scooter. I try to do it safely but I keep an eye out for bogans, pink personal plates and subcontinental taxi drivers. To date taxi drivers have been no problem, but I have read stories on here.....
                  Justine.... Always and Forever

Comment

Originally posted by XolituDe View Post
                    If the scooter tried splitting through a gap that was hardly big enough, it's his own fault.

Before even attempting a split you should assess the space available and determine the best route, if available.
                    Comprehension not a strong point, is it?

They were waiting at the lights, all good.
                    Taxi then decides to be a dick and move up and to the left in order to close the gap, despite the scooter already being there.

Originally posted by disturbthepeace View Post
                    PSB, of course.

Comment

Ghostbusters... either that or the taxi company/police...

Comment

It is unlikely that the taxi company will take action against the driver - this one comes under traffic law (ie a police matter).

First of all, the scooter rider needs to be located and bashed senseless with a baseball bat. That's a given.

If you don't have the taxi plate number then it all ends there.

If you do have the taxi plate number, then I suppose you could call Dept of Transport - Passenger Services (it's a 1300 number, not the usual 13 11 56).

If you speak to one of the compliance guys, and he is interested, then the taxi will get called in for a camera download. You know, the cameras on the roof that film everything to the side?

Taxi driver will get a nice lecture and fine if the footage shows dodgy driving (ie the footage gets passed on to the police, who will issue an infringement).

Taxi driving is extremely frustrating, but Mr Taxi Driver needs to find alternative ways of dealing with his frustration. Murdering prostitutes, although tempting, is also out these days.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewzie View Post
                          ...pink personal plates...
                          hmm...seems to ring a bell. :-/

All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                          #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                          Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                            Murdering prostitutes, although tempting, is also out these days.
                            Hardly worth getting behind the wheel nowadays then..
                            Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                              Hardly worth getting behind the wheel nowadays then..
                              Tell me about it.. with this audio recording stuff in the cars these days I can't go telling stories to the drunk Irish people about beating up fare evaders and leaving them in the bush out past Mundaring, like I used to...
                              One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                              X