Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a bike trailer NOR for a tow to tires for bikes this Saturday (1st Feb)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a bike trailer NOR for a tow to tires for bikes this Saturday (1st Feb)?

Hey guys, have a flat front tire at my house in greenwood and I think it might be the valve hence can't plug it. Does anyone have a bike trailer who could take me down to tyres for bikes in Vic Park this Saturday? Happy to pay for petrol and shout coffee or lunch or alternatively provide some of your favourite alcoholic beverage in return.

Cheers,
    Jamie
    Last edited by thatguy; 29-01-2014, 10:22 AM.
    Originally posted by Commuter
    23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
    24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Jamie unfortunately have a track day saturday but could you use my stands etc and remove the front wheel and just take that in,happy to lend

Comment

Can't you remove the wheel and take it down?

Comment

Just borrow someone's front stand and take the wheel off, way easier than faffing around with trailers. I sold mine unfortunately, but if you get really desperate you can shove it in the back of my ute.
        Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
        Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Originally posted by thatguy View Post
          Hey guys, have a flat front tire at my house in greenwood and I think it might be the valve hence can't plug it. Does anyone have a bike trailer who could take me down to Tyres for Bikes in Vic Park this Saturday? Happy to pay for petrol and shout coffee or lunch or alternatively provide some of your favourite alcoholic beverage in return.

Cheers,
          Jamie
          Pump it up and see how long it stays up for, you might be able to ride it down and stop at the servo's on the way, if you don't just take the wheel off and take it down

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
            Pump it up and see how long it stays up for, you might be able to ride it down and stop at the servo's on the way, if you don't just take the wheel off and take it down
            It happened at the servo and it is dead flat, won't take any air at all. Luckily for me the servo is just down the road so pushed it home. If worst cones to worst I'll take the front wheel in but the back is due for a change too so it'd be good to get the whole lot done at the same time. Cheers for the offers of the front stands, may need to take one of you up on the offer
            23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
            24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Comment

Have you tried replacing the valve core ? - it seems weird it won't take any air (you may have to press the flat tyre button on some of the new servo compressors too).
              I'm in Duncraig and I could swap the valve core for you .. just PM me.
              I had a new tyre fitted recently and they put a dodgy valve in it for me .. took me a few days to realise as it was going down slowly and handling was terrible

Comment

The tyre needed replacing anyway so I figure its easiest to just get it all done.

Comment

do you have rear spools for stand ,if so borrow mine and do both at the same time ,slightly cheaper taking just the rims in

Comment

Cheers Stu, may need to take you up on the offer. Struggling for space to do that kind of work at the moment though (bmw shell in the garage and 5 other cars in the driveway/verge - not all mine).

Comment

You could try Derek Ball he supplies and fits tyres and is mobile of course!?

Comment

Ahh righto might just give him a bell then Cheers for that

Comment

Come and borrow my trailer thatguy, I'm just down the road. Bring it back when all fixed. PM me for phone number if you're interested.

Edit - If you haven't got a car with towball you can borrow one of those too.
                          "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

Sorted thanks to [MENTION=11758]Hamster[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                            X