Best mid range bike of 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mid range bike of 2008

I just got myself an 08 gsxr600 and I love it.
    I was wondering what people might think about it in comparison to a ninja or cbr of the same year and size??

Does it matter now anyway ?

You brought the 08 gixxer and you love it.

I'm sure there are people with 08 cbr,ninja,r6 etc that consider there's the best mid bike of 08.
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

What GIXXEN said, there is a reason you bought it and already love it.
      Don't start thinking "what if", just ride!
      ​You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Comment

Nice bike congrats on it!
        probably the Daytona IMO

Comment

Mine's better than your's.

Just enjoy it!

Comment

Equal really, each more equal than the last.

Comment

best part of 6 years old...

whichever one you can find in good condition that you enjoy riding...

reviews and shootouts lose their relevance with a few years under them.
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

its what you like the best that matters. everyone will have a different opinion different bikes suit different people
                "Insert signature here"

Comment

shut the gate the horse has bolted
                  REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                  (anarchy in english )

Comment

I think best is rather an all encompassing term, what you intend to do on it will define if it is the best. Camping or touring on the road an "F", model would be best, off-road well a DR650 or similar but if you intend to punt around the track a bit you made the right choice. The only real difference between the ZX, CBR and the Suzi will be the person riding it.

Comment

My Monster S2R is probably better..... But I also thought that my Suzuki GSX650F & Vulcan VN 800 were the bees knees when I bought them! What matters is that you love the bike you have just bought. Ride it & enjoy it

You only live once, but live right and once is enough......

Comment

Originally posted by jayfay View Post
                        I just got myself an 08 gsxr600 and I love it.
                        I was wondering what people might think about it in comparison to a ninja or cbr of the same year and size??

At the time: 07-08, the CBR was winning most of the tests as it just shed 10-12 kg of weight over the 06 model (major re-design, the same basic design is the same as the 2014 bike) and had quite a lot more mid-range torque than the other 4s of the day. That, or the D675.

However…. take magazine tests with a huge, huge serving of salt.

Performance differences are extremely small. Magazines make a huge deal out of the smallest shit, so they can put something on the cover like "blah bike destroys all comers!" when they're talking about some extremely minor difference in performance, on track - where 95% of bikes sold will never be ridden. They do different things differently, but the average joe will be hard pressed to have any of the bikes be a limiting factor vs. any of the others in that class. Most of it is down to personal preference: do you like peaky, revvy power delivery, or do you like the ability to use the torque a little more? Do you like the feeling of sitting perched up ON the bike (R6), or IN the bike (CBR, Gixxer)?

MOST important is how you feel on the bike. If you like the gixxer and are comfortable on it, that is the bike for you. All the Jap 600s are awesome bikes. Even the green ones.
                        Last edited by thro; 30-01-2014, 09:33 PM.
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

If you like the shape and i'm guessing you either bought it because of this or becasue you like being able to say "I ride a Gixxer', these are both VERY valid reason for buying the bike. All the 600's and 1000's in that era are quality bikes and when it comes to which is better, well quite frankly it will always come down to the rider, not the bike.

Enjoy your new stead.
                          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys.
                            Im not comparing for a 'what if' reasoning. Im just trying to learn more about sports bikes snd their subtle differences.

Comment

Originally posted by jayfay View Post
                              Thanks for the opinions guys.
                              Im not comparing for a 'what if' reasoning. Im just trying to learn more about sports bikes snd their subtle differences.
                              Motorcycle Reviews | Motorbike review | MCN
                              2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                              2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                              2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                              2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Working...
                              X