Stator check and rewind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stator check and rewind

hay PSB is their a place in perth that checks and can rewind stators i think the zx12r's one is ratted and $700 for a new one off kawasaki (fuck off)

Check the phonebook, there's a motorcycle auto electrics place in Osborne Park just off Main Street near the Freeway

Comment

Or you can buy new ones for about $170 plug and play. (I just changed mine again last week).
      Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
      1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
        Check the phonebook, there's a motorcycle auto electrics place in Osborne Park just off Main Street near the Freeway
        Yeah was thinking that but I was just checking on here if some was or knew a auto spark first.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
        Or you can buy new ones for about $170 plug and play. (I just changed mine again last week).

Sounds like a good option where abouts did you get it from ?

Comment

I bought a random generic eBay one for about $150 2 years ago which just fried itself a few weeks back.

This time I've gone for a 'ricks stator'. They seem to have good reviews for options as opposed to genuine. I have an 02 R1 which is known to root stators tho anyway.

What bike is it for? Are you 100% it's your stator?
          Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
          1985 - 2009

Comment

It's a 2000 ZX12R I'm not 100% it is the stator resistances are .5 to .7 it puts out about 100v AC @ 4000rpm between the 3 phases but all 3 phases ground to the case. On the battery @4000rpm it is get 12.6v with headlights off 13.6v. I have replaced the r/r thinking that was it but no change my next step is a current draw test before I take the case off.

Comment

Have you had a look on the kawasakiworld.com forums? There's a fair bit of info there about the ZX12 stator issues

Comment

Cheers mate I was up to 12 last night looking for info on this.

Comment

Originally posted by klompa View Post
                  but all 3 phases ground to the case. On the battery @4000rpm it is get 12.6v with headlights off 13.6v.
                  Grounding to the case is a bad thing 12.6volts lights on or off are not good things. It may be worth getting the cover off and having a look at the wiring just to make sure the connection leads haven't rubbed through somewhere.
                  Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

i got my dads stator re-wound at pitstop motorcycles , about a year ago not sure if they are still doing them.

Comment

We got ours done at Motorcycle Masters, they run an exchange program with a rewind company out of Geelong. If you're lucky they'll have a rewind in stock and just swap it over. Very happy with them.
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Carmo Electronics, Australia
                        On the internet you can be anyone you want.
                        It's surprising that so many people choose to stick with "moron"

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                          We got ours done at Motorcycle Masters, they run an exchange program with a rewind company out of Geelong. If you're lucky they'll have a rewind in stock and just swap it over. Very happy with them.
                          2 out of 5 from them were no good and they wouldn't swap. On the first i didn't check and fitted it up... bike ran for 10 minutes before it shat itself. No exchanges policy so ended up getting a 2nd hand unit which worked, no change to anything on bike. On the second, i checked it when i got home before fitting it up. it was out of spec by a lot. went back about an hour later and again no swaps. They're ok i guess but don't make my mistake, check it before you leave the store.

Comment

Oh dear, well worth remembering if I need to go back. Thanks for the feedback!
                            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I found this thread the other day after my bike left me Free way side for a 'rest'

just gone 2yo ZX10r (out of warranty) after a look over confirmed fried Stator and Regulator.
                              Contacting Kawasaki to see if they can help me out (can only ask right)

Otherwise have also been advised to contact Ricks Stators.

Will update when Sorted. 1 week off the commute and I'm missing her
                              Last edited by Crippo; 05-02-2014, 11:51 AM.
                              Crippo.

Comment

Working...
                              X