Getting leathers cleaned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting leathers cleaned

Anyone got any recommendations of a good place to get my leathers cleaned?

The instructions say not to use water or dry clean.... Therefore I don't want to drop them off at the local cleaners who's English is VERY limited

[MENTION=30080]RRossi[/MENTION]

Comment

Why don't you drop it off at a another cleaners where English is their first language. Just make sure they can read.

Comment

I have been to a few places already and they don't do leather....

Comment

You can't put them through the washing machine or soak them in the sink, but there's no harm in grabbing a sponge and giving them a wipe/scrub with some dishwashing solution (so long as it isn't suede). Just wipe it down with a dry towel before it soaks in to the leather, then use a leather conditioner afterwards to make sure it stays supple.
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

So just what have you done in them that requires cleaning?
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Daneo View Post
              Anyone got any recommendations of a good place to get my leathers cleaned?

The instructions say not to use water or dry clean.... Therefore I don't want to drop them off at the local cleaners who's English is VERY limited

Originally posted by twiz View Post
              [MENTION=30080]RRossi[/MENTION]
              Thanks Mate

Originally posted by TheMenace View Post
              Why don't you drop it off at a another cleaners where English is their first language. Just make sure they can read.
              damn that's me out then..... lol

Leather Care

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-quick-166048/

this is all you need to know

RR
              http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

Easy. Visit a horse riding shop and purchase some leather soap and conditioner (german stuff is the best). Get bucket of water and sponge and sit somewhere outside where you can make a reasonable amount of mess. Wet and lather up sponge with saddle soap then scrub leathers, repeating the process till the soap remains white. Wipe off excess with wrung out sponge then allow to dry. When dry, massage in leather conditioner. When that is dry, use a soft dry cloth to wipe off excess and polish. Voila, nice clean and soft leathers.
                If you can't manage to do that, I can charge you a fortune to do it for you if you want.
                Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by Doug68 View Post
                  So just what have you done in them that requires cleaning?
                  Just riding in summer and getting pretty hot.

I just don't want them to end up stinking like a gym bag!

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                    You can't put them through the washing machine or soak them in the sink, but there's no harm in grabbing a sponge and giving them a wipe/scrub with some dishwashing solution (so long as it isn't suede). Just wipe it down with a dry towel before it soaks in to the leather, then use a leather conditioner afterwards to make sure it stays supple.
                    Course you can wash them in a washing machine, put it on gentle cycle and use woolwash.
                    There's lots of other stuff too.
                    I've done it plenty of times, doesn't hurt them, after all, you ride in the rain, don't you?
                    Spot cleaning, use Mr Sheen on a micro fibre cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by klavdy View Post
                      Course you can wash them in a washing machine, put it on gentle cycle and use woolwash.
                      There's lots of other stuff too.
                      I've done it plenty of times, doesn't hurt them, after all, you ride in the rain, don't you?
                      Spot cleaning, use Mr Sheen on a micro fibre cloth.
                      That's cool. I won't try it as it explicitly says not to on my RS Tai Chi Motion Pro jacket, but perhaps the materials on our respective jackets aren't identical. The jacket instructions also give detailed instructions on how to ensure the jacket doesn't shrink or become cracked after riding in the rain
                      Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                      1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by klavdy View Post
                        Course you can I've done it plenty of times, doesn't hurt them, after all, you ride in the rain, don't you?
                        Yeah I can't say I've seen too many cows shrinking in the rain
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                          Yeah I can't say I've seen too many cows shrinking in the rain
                          Fair point. But on the other hand you see don't a lot of pink cows either
                          They say money can't buy happiness. But you can use it to buy a Triumph and you never see sad people riding Triumphs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger1 View Post
                            Fair point. But on the other hand you see don't a lot of pink cows either
                            You have pink leathers?
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                              You have pink leathers?
                              No but my boyfriend does.
                              They say money can't buy happiness. But you can use it to buy a Triumph and you never see sad people riding Triumphs.

Comment

Working...
                              X